Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More random thoughts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  
currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 24 Dec - 06:53 (2016)    Post subject: More random thoughts Reply with quote

1. Bombs and targets

Currently, each airplane type has bomb factor against land and/or naval target. But those, especially non-torpedo bombers, who have both are interchangeable. The planes arming/in flight can between land and ship targets. This leads to ahistorical (aka gamey) tactics. Suggest once an air unit having both factors, once the target is assigned to the unit and the unit is inflight, the other factor disappears automatically until the unit arms again.

2. PT boats

Affect the shore operation of IJN, risking damage of vessels. Takes place only at the island of Guadalcanal(?)

3. Friendly fire

Though not happen historically, there is always a possibility of hitting friendly ship by mistake. This only happens to air-sea battle and when both friendly and enemy vessels occupy the same hex in question

4. Shadowing and bombing during search

I think we have discuss this long long time ago but I think it is about time we revisit this. Since my Flat Tops rule vanishes long time ago, I need more research on the rules.

Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 24 Dec - 06:53 (2016)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 26 Dec - 09:16 (2016)    Post subject: More random thoughts Reply with quote

currymutton wrote:
1. Bombs and targets

Currently, each airplane type has bomb factor against land and/or naval target. But those, especially non-torpedo bombers, who have both are interchangeable. The planes arming/in flight can between land and ship targets. This leads to ahistorical (aka gamey) tactics. Suggest once an air unit having both factors, once the target is assigned to the unit and the unit is inflight, the other factor disappears automatically until the unit arms again.

Non amor piercing bombs and even heavy MG may still do a lot of damage to a ship even is less efficient than anti-shipping weapons
The same for airfields

See the first naval battle of Guadalcanal. IJN ships were armed with anti-ground shells but still manage to fight this way

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 26 Dec - 09:21 (2016)    Post subject: More random thoughts Reply with quote

2. PT may be later why not. could be a naval units based around airfields with little power and quite fragile

3. May be too much of details

4. Shadowing is somewhat achieved today by the search area covered by the scout planes. The search attempt s done each phase, provided the ship is still in the search range. Attack by scout plane i still in the backlog

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Mon 26 Dec - 14:31 (2016)    Post subject: More random thoughts Reply with quote

Bladerunner wrote:
currymutton wrote:
1. Bombs and targets

Non amor piercing bombs and even heavy MG may still do a lot of damage to a ship even is less efficient than anti-shipping weapons
The same for airfields

See the first naval battle of Guadalcanal. IJN ships were armed with anti-ground shells but still manage to fight this way
okay

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Mon 26 Dec - 14:38 (2016)    Post subject: More random thoughts Reply with quote

Bladerunner wrote:

2. PT may be later why not. could be a naval units based around airfields with little power and quite fragile

3. May be too much of details

4. Shadowing is somewhat achieved today by the search area covered by the scout planes. The search attempt s done each phase, provided the ship is still in the search range. Attack by scout plane i still in the backlog

2. I think PT is kinda like a cross between SS and surface vessel. To simplify thing, or lessen the micro-management, it is best taken as an event happen in random. I think weather is better be done first than this

3. I am thinking like this :

when friendly fire event occurs:

A. A random number is generated for the whole air group attacking, if there is more than one air sea battles taking place in the same hex, they are handled one after the other;

B. After adjustment factors are taken into consideration (say weather and time of day), if the number is bigger than the threshold, goto  C. else goto D.;

C. Friendly fire occurs, air units in the flight group attacks the friendly TF, without CAP but still has AAA phases, target is auto-assigned and result is resolved

D. Normal air attack on enemy target.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:26 (2017)    Post subject: More random thoughts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation