Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Surface Engagements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  
USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Mon 27 Mar - 08:30 (2017)    Post subject: Surface Engagements Reply with quote

Surface Engagement. 

I would prefer a manual option for surface engagement.  Example, when my task force enters a hex with enemy forces I would like a pop-up to ask if I want to engage in Long Range Combat, Short Range combat or Evade. This would make the player feel more involved in combat.  I would also, like pop-up if the Japanese reaction if they are engaging or evading as well. I would prefer this much more that constantly going back and forth from the Map to the Event messages. I feel this will make me much more aware of what's going on and give me much more control over combat. Ability to choose targets like Air Strikes would be a nice touch. 

Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 27 Mar - 08:30 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Mon 27 Mar - 08:54 (2017)    Post subject: Move Unit by Dragging Reply with quote

It would be nice if you could move air strikes and task forces by simply holding your finger on the unit then drag it to the hex that you want it to go to.  This would eliminate a couple of steps it currently takes to move these units now. This would bring the game more in line with current games. 

For air strikes, if you are moving  a unit that is taking it beyond its max fuel range.  Please create a pop-up alert, to inform the player that the aircraft my not have enough fuel to complete its mission. 

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 27 Mar - 21:28 (2017)    Post subject: Surface Engagements Reply with quote

USS Archerfish wrote:
Surface Engagement. 

I would prefer a manual option for surface engagement.  Example, when my task force enters a hex with enemy forces I would like a pop-up to ask if I want to engage in Long Range Combat, Short Range combat or Evade. This would make the player feel more involved in combat.  I would also, like pop-up if the Japanese reaction if they are engaging or evading as well. I would prefer this much more that constantly going back and forth from the Map to the Event messages. I feel this will make me much more aware of what's going on and give me much more control over combat. Ability to choose targets like Air Strikes would be a nice touch. 

In fact all combat interactions have been progressively removed
The purpose was the compatibility with the 2-player game. All choices must be programmed beforehand

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 27 Mar - 21:31 (2017)    Post subject: Surface Engagements Reply with quote

USS Archerfish wrote:
It would be nice if you could move air strikes and task forces by simply holding your finger on the unit then drag it to the hex that you want it to go to.  This would eliminate a couple of steps it currently takes to move these units now. This would bring the game more in line with current games. 

For air strikes, if you are moving  a unit that is taking it beyond its max fuel range.  Please create a pop-up alert, to inform the player that the aircraft my not have enough fuel to complete its mission. 

Do you mean
- drag a task force to a hex make it in autopilot mode towards this destination hex ?

The airstrîkes are already moving by themselves
May be to change of target ?

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Tue 28 Mar - 01:32 (2017)    Post subject: Surface Engagements Reply with quote

Do you - drag a task force to a hex make it in autopilot mode towards this destination hex?
Yes

The air strikes are already moving by themselves. Maybe to change target?
Yes, to change target or change return destination. 

k9mike
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Wed 19 Apr - 22:22 (2017)    Post subject: Surface Engagements Reply with quote

To me...The Japs are way too over powered in the naval battles. Their use of the Torpedoes is too much, even in day time hours. If they performed this well in real life we would have lost the damn war....Lol Just seems overall they deal out way more damage then US overall...An on another token...Even with overwhelming odds the US still can't do the damage to effectively sink the Jap Ships....Very frustrating.....I have been playing quite abit an even MY LUCK ain't THAT BAD....😋

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 20 Apr - 10:27 (2017)    Post subject: Surface Engagements Reply with quote

Yes, I feel that torpedos from Japanese are a bit over powered as well.  So, much so that after a CV, destroyers are my next highest priority target. 

k9mike
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 20 Apr - 17:53 (2017)    Post subject: Surface Engagements Reply with quote

I hear ya...Even after a decent go at KE I only ended up with a draw.....Weird. 
I sank like 24 DDs, 5 Heavy Cruisers, 3-4 light cruisers, sank a BB, an severely damaged 2 more, an sank the Zuikaku, a did some decent damage on # more carriers an still only ended up with draw? Guess cause allow too many Japs off Guadalcanal...My losses were fiarly light for a change....crazy

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 20 Apr - 22:23 (2017)    Post subject: Surface Engagements Reply with quote

Yes, the game needs to clarify the objections more.  In many of the battles primary scoring goes to successful unloading of troops. The Japanese often can unload a large number of troops if left unmolested.  Each troop is worth 1 point. The high number of troops can sometimes easily overide the points you've scored by sinking ships. 

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 21 Apr - 06:05 (2017)    Post subject: Surface Engagements Reply with quote

Perhaps the scoring can be modified by counting landing troops differently.  Perhaps scoring them as .75 instead of 1. Maybe this might provide a more balance score between landing troops and sinking ships.

It's a mixed bag though.  For example, Guadacanal is a big focus point for landing troops.  If you sink all the Japanese Carriers but at the same time the Japanese were able to land almost all of their troops, who really won.  In the short term I think the Japanese did since they now have enough troops to potentially recapture Henderson field which would be a stragegic loss. At the same time if the Japanese loose all their carriers it's a long term strategic loss. It will affect them greatly in future battles and Guadacanal will eventually be lost because the troops can no longer be resupplied and will wither.  So in this case who really won?

This happens to me recently with the Eastern Solomon battle.  I wiped out 3 Japanese carrier with no losses.  But because a was forced to focus on the three carries, it meant that I could not stop most of the landings. The game ended in a draw. 

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 16:28 (2017)    Post subject: Surface Engagements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation