Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Done] Landing Wave-Off (v1.9)
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  
USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Tue 4 Apr - 20:44 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Landing Wave-Off (v1.9) Reply with quote

In the game you have a lot of launch options for aircraft but none for landing.  There are time where I would like to prevent airplanes from landing in order to expidite a launch.  This usually occurs with fighter CAPs that are landing early in order to keep a a maximum CAP a loft. If landing aircraft have enough fuel, then I would like to have a Wave-Off button that would delay their landing until the next phase. This will give me much more control on managing my launches and landing.  I'm sure you may want to add a warning if an airplane is very low on fuel you risk losing the plane if you wave it off. 

Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 4 Apr - 20:44 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 5 Apr - 16:32 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Landing Wave-Off (v1.9) Reply with quote

But today, your have priority flag on your carrier / airfield

By default, the priority is se ton landing
But if you move it to strike, each, CAP... then planes will stop to land if they interact with the priority mission in preparation

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 6 Apr - 09:29 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Landing Wave-Off (v1.9) Reply with quote

I haven't figured out how to use the priority.  I drag planes to it but nothing happens. 

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 6 Apr - 10:04 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Landing Wave-Off (v1.9) Reply with quote

OK I see
In fact tap on the flag and choose the priority mission

All black icon on this screens are also clickable such cas the target button, statistics, distant CAP , etc...

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 6 Apr - 17:37 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Landing Wave-Off (v1.9) Reply with quote

Oh ok.  I didn't recognize it as a clickable symbol.  I see it now.  That's fine.

By the way, if you want to give the art work a little more WWII flavor, you can replace the finish Flag with LSO (Landing Ship Officer) Landing paddles
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/wwii-aircraft-carrier-landing-signal…
They came in red, yellow or both. 

One other comment: If you ever want to know more about aircraft carrier flight deck operations let me know.  I worked on the flight deck of the USS Midway for 3-1/2 years in the mid-80's. 

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 7 Apr - 03:10 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Landing Wave-Off (v1.9) Reply with quote

I have never met a real-life "meatball" before! (hand waving)

P.S. Link not working, try this instead
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landing_Signal_Officer

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 7 Apr - 07:18 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Landing Wave-Off (v1.9) Reply with quote

There are no human meatballs anymore. The meat ball is now a red landing light automated by the Fresnel Lens Optical Landing System. The LSO just gets to push the wave off button. I was directing airplanes. Then I went to Pri-Fly also called Primary Flight Control (The ships air tower). That was like going from hell to heaven.  Nice, clean, great view and didn't have to worry about almost getting sucked into an engine, blown overboard, chased by a 250 lb bomb or almost getting hit by a crashing plane.  Yeah, that all happened to me.  

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 7 Apr - 08:37 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Landing Wave-Off (v1.9) Reply with quote

(off topic) when I google about pictures of plane crashing on CV, most of them were F4U. Wink

Played F14FD, PAW, Jane's iFighter, Flanker 2.0, I thought I knew that stuff pretty well... Very Happy

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 7 Apr - 17:51 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Landing Wave-Off (v1.9) Reply with quote

(Off topic)In my case it was an F-4 Phantom that almost hit me. It was a night landing. Pilot came in too low and hit the round down (back end of the flight deck)and slid down the deck. When it got down the other end where I was the wing missed me by 6ft then the fuel tank exploded and tossed me about 25 ft.  I picked up some shrapnel but not too deep. Otherwise I was ok.  That was the closest I came to buying a ticket to heaven.  

If you want to look up flight deck crashes. Search videos. Since the 60's. All flight deck operations are recorded on video. 

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 7 Apr - 23:13 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Landing Wave-Off (v1.9) Reply with quote

What interesting people we have in this forum  Okay
I understand better you will to masterize carrier air op in this game !
I will definitively come back to you if I want to imprive the system

Good idea for the paddle
The first image ( OK) here should be fine 
http://www.daveswarbirds.com/navalwar/landings.htm

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 8 Apr - 01:24 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Landing Wave-Off (v1.9) Reply with quote

Okay

Here are some landing paddles 
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/wwii-aircraft-carrier-landing-signal…

Enlarge the pictures. 

I like this one though. 
http://historylink101.com/ww2_navy/org/aircarr/FlightDeckFlagMen/2603.html

Notice the belt he is wearing. It's attached to a cable. If a plane was going to hit him he would jump over the side of the ship and hopefully the cable will prevent him from falling into the water. 

Wait, stupid me.  That's an inflatable belt in case you fall in the water.

Last edited by USS Archerfish on Sat 8 Apr - 05:40 (2017); edited 1 time in total
currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 8 Apr - 02:04 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Landing Wave-Off (v1.9) Reply with quote

Okay now you mention it, I just find this:

Arresting Cable Snaps During E-2 Landing - USS Eisenhower
[url:e1c935ce91=https://videosift.com/video/Arresting-Cable-Snaps-During-E-2-Landing-USS-Eisenhower%5B/url:e1c935ce91%5D]https://videosift.com/video/Arresting-Cable-Snaps-During-E-2-Landing-USS-Eisenhower[/url:e1c935ce91]
USS Archerfish wrote:

If you want to look up flight deck crashes. Search videos. Since the 60's. All flight deck operations are recorded on video. 

Last edited by currymutton on Sat 8 Apr - 03:00 (2017); edited 2 times in total
USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 8 Apr - 02:36 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Landing Wave-Off (v1.9) Reply with quote

Curry

The link doesn't work. Can you repost?

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 8 Apr - 03:02 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Landing Wave-Off (v1.9) Reply with quote

Strange, see if it works now.

Or:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WBqfcbnMEY&feature=youtu.be
USS Archerfish wrote:

Curry

The link doesn't work. Can you repost?

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 8 Apr - 05:25 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Landing Wave-Off (v1.9) Reply with quote

I see it now. 

The report said several sailors were injured but from the reaction of a bunch of guys running to aid a fallen sailor, somebody got seriously hurt.  Those wires can cut someone in half.  I've seen it happen from another video when I was on the ship.

The flight deck is a very dangerous place.  On average they loose one person about every 4 months.  at least that was the statistics when i was in the Navy.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:20 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Landing Wave-Off (v1.9)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation