Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Done] Assigning bombers to naval targets (v1.7)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 22 May - 20:42 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Assigning bombers to naval targets (v1.7) Reply with quote

A suggestion from a very good user

Instead of dragging and dropping bombers to target ships, have a system of preferred target as per the surface combat

May be 2 choices:

1) Preferred targets : CV/TRS - Mix - Surface
2) Try to concentrate the hits on a few ships - Mix - Try to hit a much ships as possible 

As opposite to surface combat, pilots will follow your choice at say 90-95%

Any comments ?

Last edited by Bladerunner on Tue 28 Feb - 18:56 (2017); edited 2 times in total
Publicité

PostPosted: Sun 22 May - 20:42 (2016)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
valent

PostPosted: Mon 23 May - 12:09 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Assigning bombers to naval targets (v1.7) Reply with quote

Pas de comments!
Non c'est une bonne idée ces deux possibilités si j'ai bien compris la question!! Bravo pour votre dévouement et votre travail.

Phil Gaskill
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 28 May - 12:12 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Assigning bombers to naval targets (v1.7) Reply with quote

Yeah, a very good idea. However, I don’t find the current method all that much of a hassle. Low priority in your plans, Cyril, compared to many other things we’ve discussed.

Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 28 May - 15:01 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Assigning bombers to naval targets (v1.7) Reply with quote

Without assigning the bombers, you kind of take away the options for a great naval battle.  

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 28 May - 20:32 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Assigning bombers to naval targets (v1.7) Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, guys  Smile
So let's leave it as it for now

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 30 Aug - 13:01 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Assigning bombers to naval targets (v1.7) Reply with quote

This will come back again as a pre-requisite for the 2 players game
However the solo game will still keep this current mechanism by default

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 1 Sep - 03:27 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Assigning bombers to naval targets (v1.7) Reply with quote

Seem nice, but I am very happy with the current mode of bombing ships. This is a nice to have.

On the flip-side(!) how about putting the surface battle changed to the targeting mode as per air-to-surface? I.e., you assign which ship attacking which enemy, and to simplify the matter, the ship uses all her working turrets onto one ship at each round.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 1 Sep - 07:19 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Assigning bombers to naval targets (v1.7) Reply with quote

Yes it is nice to have for the solo gameHowever for the 2P game this is mandatory in order to keep the interactions between players (and thus waiting time) as low as possible 

For the surface combat, I don't know. I feel in reality of the battle fury, the ships were firing at whatever comes first or was huge. In my opinion it is much more difficult to fire upon a selected target compared to air to sea attacks

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 1 Sep - 08:42 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Assigning bombers to naval targets (v1.7) Reply with quote

I dunno, but from the little history I read and the time spent on Naval Battles of WWI by SSI, I think the ship captain did select target. But given the focus of this game should be a bit more on the naval air engagements, I think the current mode is fine.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 14 Nov - 23:48 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Assigning bombers to naval targets (v1.7) Reply with quote

Some ideas of improvement for the 2P-game (as it allows no interaction during battle, so no manual picking of targets)

You may pre-select some tactic at the airstrike level

choice of target
- 100% of CV/TRS
- 75%
- 50%

distribution
- strive to concentrate on few selected targets so that inflicted damage on these ships will be higher and the losses due to short-range AA will be lower
- evenly on all selected targets 
- full random

pilots will follow your choice at say 90-95% of the time

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 29 Dec - 22:43 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Assigning bombers to naval targets (v1.7) Reply with quote

Finally, this will be part fo the 1.7

The player may choose between 4 targeting modes for each airstrike

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 16:35 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Assigning bombers to naval targets (v1.7)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation