Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Safe Landing Malfuntion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Bugs
Previous topic :: Next topic  
USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 20 Apr - 23:36 (2017)    Post subject: Safe Landing Malfuntion Reply with quote

Safe Landing Warning
When you launch an Airstrike there is a pop-up indicating if returning aircraft will have safe landing conditions upon their return.  The intention is to prevent you from loosing aircraft by landing at night.  Most of the time it works but recently when I'm launching into late afternoon I'm getting a 100% safe landing notification, only to loose aircraft because landing late. In the East Solomon game I lost 15 aircraft due to this.  Needless to say I was not happy with a big 15 aircraft loss recently when it could have been avoided with proper landing warnings.  Has anyone else been experiencing this.  

I think part of the problem is that the programming is not factoring in the CAP.  If you have an airstrike returning late and a CAP in the air, it might be delaying the landing and forcing aircraft to land at night because everyone is waiting to land at the last minute to land

Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 20 Apr - 23:36 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 21 Apr - 08:11 (2017)    Post subject: Safe Landing Malfuntion Reply with quote

Yes it could be a reason
It is difficult to predict all the interactions

Unless you are able to send a log as soon as you observe the crashes, I suggest to leave it aside as minor issue for now

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 21 Apr - 09:34 (2017)    Post subject: Safe Landing Malfuntion Reply with quote

I already sent you an email. 

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 29 Apr - 05:59 (2017)    Post subject: Safe Landing Malfuntion Reply with quote

Still having problems with the game giving a 100% safe return only to have planes crash because they ran out of fuel. I will send email. 

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 29 Apr - 14:59 (2017)    Post subject: Safe Landing Malfuntion Reply with quote

I will post here my answer as it may be useful for someone else

Hi Darell,

If I open the current state of the game day 2 09:00 AM,
there is one returning airstrike with some B-26. Is it he one you are complaining
 about

The B-26 have 5 remaining point s of endurance whereas there need to fly 7 hexes to reach Henderson field
That is why you have only 95% probability of safe landing

Have a glance at the situation at 07:40

The Marauders have 12 points of endurance and they need approximatively to fly 10 hexes to reach the target and to return to base
It was OK

However, as you are heading to a force which is escaping North, the distance will increase. This is explaining why the B-26 are lacking of fuel. 
Sometimes also, airstrikes lose track of their target and need to spend one or two hexes more aloft

At launch time, the AI cannot take into account everything and suppose the distance to fly will remain the same

Is it more clear now ?

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 29 Apr - 23:57 (2017)    Post subject: Safe Landing Malfuntion Reply with quote

Okay

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:36 (2017)    Post subject: Safe Landing Malfuntion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation