Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IJN Torpedo Salvo (v.1.9.0)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Rules
Previous topic :: Next topic  
currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 9 Jun - 09:29 (2017)    Post subject: IJN Torpedo Salvo (v.1.9.0) Reply with quote

I think I should post it here.

Just playing the Santa Cruz with weather option on. it is nice to sail under weather cover. But what makes me pull my hair is that IJN torpedo salvo (TS) happened way too often!

I have not counted the number of engagements in total, I guess it was over 10, and  only 3 of them did not involved IJN torpedo salvo, and 1 of them was from the USN side which hit nothing... Evil or Very Mad

Suggestions:

1. No TS at all in daylight, might be except in rain and storm conditions

2. IJN only gained surprised in dark (very dark) nights. Moonlight condition is one; weather consider is optional -- clear: very low; overcast: low; rain and storm: more likey

3. If USN had too few ship (in terms of percentage) with surface radar, the more likely the IJN had the chance of performing TS

4. Since USN getting more experienced in using surface radar as war progressed, the chances of TS should be lower at later 42 and 43 scenarios

5. Not all ships involved in TS, each ship involved had a random chance to fire its torpedo: DD was more likely, CL and CA were lower and BB, unlikely

6. Evading IJN do not get TS advantage, but evading or disorganised USN increased the chance of occurrence.

7. To be fair, there is no TS for USN

------

BTW, I notice that the 20-ship per TF limit is not implemented here.

Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 9 Jun - 09:29 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 11 Jun - 21:28 (2017)    Post subject: IJN Torpedo Salvo (v.1.9.0) Reply with quote

IJN ships are les strong than their US counterpart
Their torpedoes push the balance towards the Japanese

If you play the sequence from basic rules, you might notice that it is quite balanced even though this is featuring the battle of salvo island

I feel that the issue is more severe for large surface battle where a huge blow of torpedoes mean game over for the opponent.
May be this is here where things should be smoothed

I will look at your proposal later. But many work planned for the 1.10

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Mon 12 Jun - 05:18 (2017)    Post subject: IJN Torpedo Salvo (v.1.9.0) Reply with quote

Noted, it is very hard to play 1P now if I encounter another "bad luck" again.

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Tue 13 Jun - 03:11 (2017)    Post subject: IJN Torpedo Salvo (v.1.9.0) Reply with quote

Okay, tried Guadalcanal last night. The thing is: even with the "superiority" of USN during this scenario and that IJN did not use TS that often (less than 4 times iirc). The USN fleet is reduced to less than 8 ships afloat (sans TRS) at the end of the game. This is "worse" when USN was sending in her ships piecemeal but the IJN was combining her ships into one big lump and attempted to ram through the way. I don't think IJN is anywhere close to the description of "weak", even without TS. And fair to say, TS made by USN ships is almost next to useless.

And given the setting in SC, the situation is more dire for the USN, and I think the closer placements of fleets, additional fuel did not help much in both scenarios.

I think there is a need for some other measures.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:23 (2017)    Post subject: IJN Torpedo Salvo (v.1.9.0)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Rules All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation