Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Running Out of Fuel and Night Landing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Bugs
Previous topic :: Next topic  
USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Tue 13 Jun - 23:34 (2017)    Post subject: Running Out of Fuel and Night Landing Reply with quote

Bladerunner

One of the biggest frustrations I have with the game when launching a strike.  Frequently, when I launch a strike I get a "Safe Return" notification only to have my planes run out of fuel or land after dark. This is mainly when attacking g naval targets. 

The problem is the "Safe Return" indicator that pops up when launching a strike doesn't always count for extra fuel spent in weather and strike groups searching for targets. If an airplane has 16 Endurance and attacks a target that doesn't move and there is no weather the indicator works fine. But if the target moves, moves farther away and there are weather issues, the extra 4 Reserve Endurance are quickly expended and the planes run out of fuel. Perhaps, you can resolve this by adding an extra 20 or 40 minutes to the calculation. So if a airplane has 16 Endurance, calculation gives it 15 or 14 Endurance (which effectively give is a 6 Endurance reserve). 

Also, you should change the night landing warning to any strike that returns after 7 pm. Aircraft strikes that return after 7:20 are often fighting for landing spots with CAPs when landing on CV. This frequently forces planes to landing in the dark. By giving the warning for any aircraft returning after 7 pm will safely assure that all his aircraft return safely. 

As it is right now, I often have to manually land my CAPs around 7 if I have late returning Strikes so there are enough available landing slots before dark. It's a bit tedious. 

Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 13 Jun - 23:34 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation