Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CB Wish List.
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  
SBD

PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct - 09:59 (2017)    Post subject: CB Wish List. Reply with quote

Putting aside our discussion on auto/manual recall for a moment.

I think Archerfish raises a very good point about new players.

We are not all ex RN or USN, new players need some assistance?

There was a post by Cyril some while ago about the difficulty of buying CBfG on istore

Acccess to the forum is not helped by my AV on my chrome book and PC stopping me accessing it.

Cyril needs more players to help fund development.

I trust I am not duplicating earlier points ex *

Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct - 09:59 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct - 19:56 (2017)    Post subject: CB Wish List. Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
Putting aside our discussion on auto/manual recall for a moment.

I think Archerfish raises a very good point about new players.

We are not all ex RN or USN, new players need some assistance?

There was a post by Cyril some while ago about the difficulty of buying CBfG on istore

Acccess to the forum is not helped by my AV on my chrome book and PC stopping me accessing it.

Cyril needs more players to help fund development.

I trust I am not duplicating earlier points ex *

Yes I know this forum has had some compatibility issues. 

Yes the game could use a few more pointers for air operation as this is the heart of the game.  I'm willing to write them up if Bladerunner wishes. 

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct - 23:14 (2017)    Post subject: CB Wish List. Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
I suggest there should be no flight recall for carrier based planes.
A recall is message from carrier to plane.
Such communication would reveal the position of the carrier.
Radio silence was almost absolute and very important.

A scout would not continue if running out of fuel, so its recall should be automatic i.e. Computer generated 
An attacker has been ordered by the admiral, who has weighed the losses of crew and aircraft, against the potential benefits of sinking a carrier, therefore attacks should continue if the target is in range on the outward journey.

I am curious to see how a radio message could reveal the location of a carrier ?
Disclosing the presence of warships in the surroundings ok but the exact position ? Aren’t radio waves emitted in all directions ?

SBD

PostPosted: Tue 31 Oct - 10:27 (2017)    Post subject: CB Wish List. Reply with quote

May I suggest you google 
Radio location
Radio silence
Radio silence Midway.....do Pearl Harbour

The technique was used for aircraft navigation in Europe and location of agents by Gestapo etc etc.
One locator will trace the source along one 'beam', two or more will give a fix

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 31 Oct - 23:00 (2017)    Post subject: CB Wish List. Reply with quote

USS Ackerfish,
If you have any idea to improve the help for players about air op please do not hesitate
We are all prisoners of our habits and easily forget about the basics a 

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 01:33 (2018)    Post subject: CB Wish List.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation