Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Android Version PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  

Who wants an Android version?
Yes add Android version
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Yes add Android version RIGHT NOW!
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Yes but we will see later
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

ShoNuffHarlem

PostPosted: Tue 31 May - 20:52 (2016)    Post subject: Android Version PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Reply with quote

Android Version PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 31 May - 20:52 (2016)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Don Czirr

PostPosted: Thu 28 Jul - 02:05 (2016)    Post subject: Android Version PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Reply with quote

New member.

My son has mostly claimed my iPad to fight with Lego super heroes.

Would love to see this on Android.

Will buy in a second.

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jul - 05:53 (2016)    Post subject: Android Version PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Reply with quote

A (pretty much) harsh note on the reality:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2016/07/20/iphone-vs-android-applica…

quote:

Even though Google’s ecosystem is significantly larger by volume, Apple’s mobile platform delivers more revenue per app to developers. That’s the conclusion of the latest report from App Annie. In broad strokes, Apple’s App Store looks to be generating twice as much revenue overall even though it only has half of the number of downloads.

It’s also a gap that is increasing. Comparing the Q2 2016 numbers to the Q1 2016 numbers, although the percentage gap between downloads remained iOS pulled ahead on revenue by another ten percent.

Thanks for the heads up from the guys on BGG forum.

Don Czirr

PostPosted: Mon 1 Aug - 04:51 (2016)    Post subject: Android Version PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Reply with quote

I don't see why this has to be an "either / or " decision?

John Tiller develops successfully for both.

Grand Cauldron has just recently released BattleFleet Gothic for both.

Pacific Fleet has been published for both.

Seems sustainable and would cover the 2 largest mobile gaming platforms ... seems like a good / profitable choice to me ...

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 1 Aug - 14:40 (2016)    Post subject: Android Version PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Reply with quote

Of course many games are developed using cross-platform frameworks lik eUnity which allows to deliver a game on PC, android, iOS

CBFG has been developped navitely on a single platform iOS
I did this because I had only expertise on iOS and this was just for fun at the beginning
Unity is also a paying framework

I also feel that concentrating one one platform which achieve a faster time to market, better UI and probably performances
We will see later to port it on Android but for the moment I prefer to get more features than adding more people. And as told by currymulton, the numbe rof paying android users is only a fraction of the iOS players

Don Czirr

PostPosted: Mon 1 Aug - 19:17 (2016)    Post subject: Android Version PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Reply with quote

edit - my last reply made it look like I was replying to Carrymutton ....

To BladeRunner:

Understandable - thanks for the clarification.

Are you also holding open options for eventual PC / STEAM release in the future?

Seems like some teams are doing quite well with sales in that environment.

And I would add that there is a significant gap in naval warfare games at the moment between War in the Pacific AE (complex) and Order of Battle Pacific (simple).

Lot's of folks looking for something in the middle.

Anyways ... I'm likely to be buying on iPAD in the coming week but am also hopefully for some eventual cross platform expansion when you're ready.

Last edited by Don Czirr on Tue 2 Aug - 12:19 (2016); edited 2 times in total
currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Tue 2 Aug - 08:55 (2016)    Post subject: Android Version PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Reply with quote

Bladerunner wrote:

We will see later to port it on Android but for the moment I prefer to get more features than adding more people. And as told by currymulton, the numbe rof paying android users is only a fraction of the iOS players

Hold it! It is not me, I am just quoting... Very Happy

Actually, a widely successful: both by revenue and critical acclaim, game: Monument Valley, the developers have similar experience:

https://techcrunch.com/2015/01/15/monument-valley-team-reveals-the-cost-and…

Quote:

Monument Valley counted 2,440,076 official sales, which includes iOS, Google Play, Amazon Paid and Amazon Free (via featuring) app installs. iOS drove the brunt of the official DLs (the Android launch also resulted in a piracy rate of around 95 percent, ustwo revealed previously), while Amazon’s free release drove about 4 times as many downloads as did its paid sales. All told, those downloads drove $5,858,625 in revenue to date, with the single biggest revenue day coming on the original iOS launch day, when the title netted $145,530 in 24 hours.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov - 21:06 (2016)    Post subject: Android Version PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Reply with quote

Incredible,
someone wrote that is going to buy an iPad just because of CBFG  Shocked

Phil Gaskill
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sun 20 Nov - 15:49 (2016)    Post subject: Android Version PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Reply with quote

That was probably me.  Embarassed

Beta-testing

PostPosted: Mon 21 Nov - 05:37 (2016)    Post subject: Android Version PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Reply with quote

Phil Gaskill wrote:

That was probably me.  Embarassed
Congrads!

May I ask which model would it be?

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 21 Nov - 15:04 (2016)    Post subject: Android Version PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Reply with quote

a PRO of course  Razz

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Tue 22 Nov - 04:11 (2016)    Post subject: Android Version PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Reply with quote

Hey, there are 2 PRO models, so? Razz

Phil Gaskill
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 25 Nov - 16:44 (2016)    Post subject: Android Version PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Reply with quote

The BIG one, of course!!!!!

PostPosted: Today at 08:10 (2017)    Post subject: Android Version PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation