Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Information about loss of enemy air units

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Rules
Previous topic :: Next topic  
larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 24 Aug - 15:13 (2017)    Post subject: Information about loss of enemy air units Reply with quote

Sometimes i got some information about the loss of enemy air units on landing because of bad weather, night, or bad conditions (that is the carrier or the air base is damaged i guess).
I think this information should not be given (even if it is recorded for determining victory points) since there is really no mean for knowing that some planes crashed on landing on the enemy carriers or did not make it to return because they were out of range. I guess this should be easy to modify. Cool

Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 24 Aug - 15:13 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 25 Aug - 10:19 (2017)    Post subject: Information about loss of enemy air units Reply with quote

Indeed, this could be hidden

Shall we keep the info about aircraft lost when the CV is hit ?

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 25 Aug - 11:03 (2017)    Post subject: Information about loss of enemy air units Reply with quote

I think so, do not reveal too much enemy loss information in the event log, until the very last, helps with the fog of war.

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 25 Aug - 11:28 (2017)    Post subject: Information about loss of enemy air units Reply with quote

To me, information should be given about enemy plane losses in case of air combat (included by DCA), assuming the reporting is exact (we know it never was but for sake of simplicity we can stick to this; this should be modified later on with options like "more fog of war").

In the case the planes are lost on a CV or on an air base: i don't know. Actually, if they are on the deck/track, about to be launched or land, information should be given. Otherwise, if they are in the hangar, information should not be given. I don't know if difference can be made in the game. If not, for sake of simplicity, i would prefer not to give information especially for CV; i do not think the pilots had time to count the planes on the deck, before and after the attack!

BTW, regarding information, i think it would be interesting to have a general intelligence about enemy forces at the beginning of the scenarios; that is approximately the number of CVs, BBs, CAs, etc. and planes (fighters/bombers), something like: 2+ BBs, 3+ CVs, etc. This would reflect the work of radio intelligence etc. Still fog of war but not total blindness... Laughing

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:10 (2017)    Post subject: Information about loss of enemy air units

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Rules All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation