Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Air operations management

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Rules
Previous topic :: Next topic  
larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sun 27 Aug - 15:37 (2017)    Post subject: Air operations management Reply with quote

Well, i had a kind of hot encounter with the Imperial Navy and i went to this situation on the Yorktown (she was alone in the TF)
 - one enemy raid warning incoming at 20 minutes
 - some bombers ready to depart for a raid against enemy TF within 20 minutes
 - some CAP fighters reinforcements ready to go within 20 minutes
 - some returning search units ready to land at 0 minutes
Priority was by default at "landing".

Quite hot!
Of course, i tried to launch my CAP reinforcements first.

First, i activated the "no landing on this phase option" and the result was :
 - landing now within 20 minutes
 - launching bombers raid within 0 minutes
 - launching CAP fighters delayed to 200 minutes...
Not exactly what i wanted...

So i deactivated this option and changed priority to "CAP" and i got:
 - landing now within 40 minutes
 - launching bombers raid within 0 minutes
 - launching CAP fighters delayed to 20 minutes
The raid had priority over the CAP!

I got exactly the same with the priority changed to "raid".
Of course delaying the landing had no influence at all.

So i was never able to launch the CAP reinforcement before the enemy raid (but i managed to launch my own raid).
I think maybe there is a bug or a mismatch somewhere here, especially since I found no difference between the two options of priority...

Publicité

PostPosted: Sun 27 Aug - 15:37 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 28 Aug - 10:07 (2017)    Post subject: Air operations management Reply with quote

Without screenshots or data, I may assuem the following:

The 200 min for the CAP was probably a bug, the AI being locked somewhere in its prediction

The raid is probably ready to launch on deck but was blocked by the landing units. By delaying the landing, the airstrike is free to launch now

CAP units had just landed and need to refuel/rearm on deck => 20 min

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Mon 28 Aug - 11:57 (2017)    Post subject: Air operations management Reply with quote

Thanks Bladerunner.

I think the 200 minutes are most probably a bug.

For the CAP, I understand well the answer but both the CAP and the raid were intially displayed at 0 minute; so they should have been able to launch, one or the other.
My feelings are:
 - maybe the CAP wasn't actually at 0 minute; in this case, there is a bug somewhere since it should have shown 20 minutes rather than 0 minute
 - or there is a problem in the management of priority between CAP and raids
Anyway, it did not behave the way i expected.

Is it possible to get data for further analysis?
Maybe not since it wasn't on the beta version.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 28 Aug - 14:46 (2017)    Post subject: Air operations management Reply with quote

In fact when you submit feedback by email from the app,
the system attaches the 4 last 20 min of the last game opened

If you have deleted the game or no been too far away, I may have still have a look

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Mon 28 Aug - 23:26 (2017)    Post subject: Air operations management Reply with quote

I did not know about this feature.
I just sent some reports by mail but i don't think this combat will appear since it happened at 9:00 on day 2 (from the event record).
But the final surface battle within PM hexe will appear (cf. the other thread).

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 16 Sep - 06:21 (2017)    Post subject: Air operations management Reply with quote

Larsen

Once it says Launch 0 min.  It's too late.  Aircraft are already rolling off the deck. 

When you change the priority and you don't get the results you're expecting, move the Priority around then come back.  Very often I find this fixes the problem and get the results back. 

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 16 Sep - 14:33 (2017)    Post subject: Air operations management Reply with quote

Archerfish,

Thanks for the advice, i generally try to do this, moving forward ans then backward, but sometimes it does not work. Anyway, as far as i remember, i was engaged in very heavy air operations and i guess the system may have failed to manage all of them properly.

Recently i changed the priority to an air raid and the system reacted properly.

So, i will take care about it to see if it happens again.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:39 (2017)    Post subject: Air operations management

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Rules All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation