Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Done] Historical or not historical v2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  

Do you prefer by default
A historical set-up and randomize as option
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Random set-up and historical as option
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug - 22:22 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Historical or not historical v2.0 Reply with quote

The solo-game introduce the random Japanese naval force composition in orde rot vary the different games
Forces are roughly the same you could end with les or more CV or have the non-historical ones (Aka at Coral sea for instance)

Note this is not completely non-sense in a historical point of view because the US knew the Japanese were coming but they were not sure what they were going to encounter

The 2-player games will adopt the historical forces for the sake of the balance

So I am consulting you to see what would be the best

- historical set-up : same ships as per history. They could still be some variation in the placement + possibility to randomise as an option
- OR as it is today. Random by default + add the possibility to get the same ships as per history

Last edited by Bladerunner on Thu 5 Oct - 09:31 (2017); edited 2 times in total
Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug - 22:22 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 1 Sep - 04:25 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Historical or not historical v2.0 Reply with quote

Humm, my $0.02: take CS as an example, some scenarios are not balanced historically, by default, for 2P so I think 2P should focus more on balance, then on variations.

(Cough) for 1P, I think it is aokay for now, it is the "surprise" factor being part of game which keeps me returning from time to time.

(Off topic) any chance we can play IJN in 1P?

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 1 Sep - 18:46 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Historical or not historical v2.0 Reply with quote

I should prefer historical set-up with possibly additional randomization but sticking to current situation won't bother me.

When i say historical, i mean to stick to historical TFs composition and approximate location. The same for land-based air units.
As for randomization, one first step would be changing TFs composition and location. It should be also possible to change the composition/location of land based air units. Another step would be to increase/decrease the number of ships/air units but i think it should be done within some limits let's say 20 or 30% but no more than 50%.

After that, to me, it is rather about options... for instance in the case of CS, getting many more Japanese CVs would be part of "Full Kido Butai" option while getting more US CVs should be part of "No Doolittle Raid" option.

Just my opinion...

One important point to me about randomization is weather. Weather is by nature random and i think it can play a major role in affecting naval/air operations and finally changing both search/combat outcomes and decision process, thus making each game unique. 

Nimitz

PostPosted: Thu 7 Sep - 10:01 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Historical or not historical v2.0 Reply with quote

Agree with larsenjp. Historical as base with randomness in the options. Location can be varied.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 11 Sep - 22:06 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Historical or not historical v2.0 Reply with quote

I feel the historical set-up wins for now

If the player still want to go further with some variation, the getting the random set-up as an option is good solution

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Tue 12 Sep - 02:05 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Historical or not historical v2.0 Reply with quote

In vein of above, I won't mind giving IJN a few more ships or CV in BS... Razz

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Tue 12 Sep - 19:59 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Historical or not historical v2.0 Reply with quote

Can you offer both?  When you start the game just offer a selection for historical or balance. 

In the 2P game I lean toward a balanced game. Some games are simply not balanced. My concerns are that new players may not be aware of this and may become frustrated and may not want to play a particular side after a while because they know their chances of winning are low. That's my only concern. 

That said, historical games can be modified with out making dramatic changes.  Guadalcanal is one example, in this game the deciding factor are the TRS. The IJN have about 25 more cargo points than the US and it's very difficult for the US to win score wise because of that.  Reducing each IJN TRS for 6 to 4 cargo point will balance the score or increase the value of each US cargo point to 1.5. These modifications only affect the scoring and not the game play itself. 

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 13 Sep - 15:46 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Historical or not historical v2.0 Reply with quote

Yes both

historical composition of ships for 1P and 2P
then if you have bought the alternatives in-app, you may select a more random set-up

For the 2P, there are some plans to balance the different scenarios by giving some advantages to the weaker side. But this will come later

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 08:30 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Historical or not historical v2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation