Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Done] Japanese Torpedos Too Powerful!
Goto page: <  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Bugs
Previous topic :: Next topic  
USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 22 Sep - 00:52 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Japanese Torpedos Too Powerful! Reply with quote

Bladerunner wrote:
Thanks for figures Darell  Okay

What I can see from them
- the IJN had fired between 1 and 2 torpedo salvoes per battle
- each salvo had an average of 4 torpedoes
- the hit rate of each torpedo was about 10%
- each ships carries between 8 and 24 fishes

In game terms
- depending on the surprise amount, any ships may fire 1 or 2 salvoes (3 currently in the rules). 
- a torpedo on the screen represents 4 real torpedoes
- the hit rate of 4 times 10% is about 35% which match the current rules at night
- each ship may then fire betwwen 2 and 6 salvoes. (Unlimited today)

- depending on the surprise amount, any ships may fire 1 or 2 salvoes (3 currently in the rules)
I think it should be 2 salvoes max.

- a torpedo on the screen represents 4 real torpedoes. 
Ok

- the hit rate of 4 times 10% is about 35% which match the current rules at night. 
10% per torpedo is acceptable. 

-each ship may then fire between 2 and 6 salvoes. (Unlimited today)
I'm confused about this one.  On top you say 1 or 2 but here you say 2 to 6. I don't follow. 

My definition of "salvo" is all tubes being fired in a very short period of time. Most ships had 4 tubes as standard. From the data above it appears that the most a ship was able to fire in a battle was 8 torpedos (two salvoes). So the way I see it, each ship is capble of firing 4 to 8 torpedos in a battle with each torpedo having a 10% hit rate. 

Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 22 Sep - 00:52 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 22 Sep - 05:18 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Japanese Torpedos Too Powerful! Reply with quote

The updated plan is on New Feature thread.

I played SZ last night. The IJN managed to feed me with fishes the entire time and all my ships sank are by trop. I will not touch this one until the torp update is in place.

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 22 Sep - 17:55 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Japanese Torpedos Too Powerful! Reply with quote

Archerfish,
I understand this is 1 to 2 salvos per battle and 2 to 6 salvos as a whole during the game, as it is supposed the ships is not supplied again during the operation.
To be confirmed by BR of course.

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 22 Sep - 17:58 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Japanese Torpedos Too Powerful! Reply with quote

currymutton wrote:
I played SZ last night. The IJN managed to feed me with fishes the entire time and all my ships sank are by trop. I will not touch this one until the torp update is in place.

I played CS 1P recently and managed to achieve good results partly thanks to the new rules regarding surface combat and especially Japanese torpedoes salvos. However, most of the ships i lost were sunk by torpedoes...surface torpedoes.

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 22 Sep - 18:44 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Japanese Torpedos Too Powerful! Reply with quote

larsenjp wrote:
Archerfish,
I understand this is 1 to 2 salvos per battle and 2 to 6 salvos as a whole during the game, as it is supposed the ships is not supplied again during the operation.
To be confirmed by BR of course.

I thought so but I wasn't sure but it makes sense. 

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 22 Sep - 19:08 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Japanese Torpedos Too Powerful! Reply with quote

Ok, I just got confirmation from my post in the rule section regarding the new torpedo marks on the ship counters. 

The torpedo marks on the ship counters represent how many torpedo salvos a ship can fire before it's out of ammo. I also assume as salvoes are fired that torpedo marks will be removed. As for the number of torpedos each ship fires I'm assuming it's the same for everyone (4 torpedoes). I asked for clarification in the rule section of the forum. 

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 22 Sep - 21:15 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Japanese Torpedos Too Powerful! Reply with quote

Yes, it sounds correct.
I understood the same.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 27 Sep - 15:59 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Japanese Torpedos Too Powerful! Reply with quote

You understood it correctly
Resupply may occur for Rabaul and Ke scenario where the Japanese are making back and forth from these bases

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 07:37 (2018)    Post subject: [Done] Japanese Torpedos Too Powerful!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation