Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

version 2.1 planning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Announcements
Previous topic :: Next topic  

What should be next enhancement ?
CAP
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Search
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Torpedo
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 9 Sep - 09:41 (2017)    Post subject: version 2.1 planning Reply with quote

After the 2.0 which will bring the 2-player game, the 2.1 should add one or two enhancements of what stand below
What is your preference ?

1. CAP
- Possibility for the CAP to not engage an enemy airstrike if outnumbered. Settings at each airbase level. 
- ? Ability to define how many fighters should engage or review the CAP ammunition depletion rule when the CAP is outnumbering the attackers. This is to reduce the effects of of tiny bomber formation forcing 50% of the cAP to land after combat and weakening the airbase defence
- Capability to define when the CAP should starting landing at sunset. Today 19:40
- Do not rotate CAP if they have enough fuel to stay aloft until nightfall
- Air units landing from from a distant/long-range CAP mission will automatically be re-assigned to a CAP mission
- ? Possibility to have repetitive distant CAP 

2. Search
- Add 20% endurance for units in search mission
- Give more control on sea-plane search. 
- This is a pre-requisite for introducing the Midway scenario to the 2P game by limiting the IJN search capability by relying solely on cruiser floatplanes
- Possibility to be warned when a enemy scout planes has been spotted over ou carrier
- The size of a fleet should be playing on its chance to  be detected 
- At night, ships position should be lost quicker than during daylight (in 2 turns)
- ? Low-speed search (1 hex per phase) with an endurance comparable to a transfer mission
- ? Interception of enemy scout planes by the CAP

3. Torpedoes. Limit their power in surface combat
- limit the number if ships which are in position to fire a salvo, depending on surprise 
- limit the torpedo ammunition of surface ships. Visible only by its controller

Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 9 Sep - 09:41 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 9 Sep - 14:52 (2017)    Post subject: version 2.1 planning Reply with quote

Cyril,

Very very promising stuff! Okay

I voted for searches first because i think this is the very heart of the game. And additionally, i hope land-based search seaplanes to be added quickly. Wink
All the points sound very interesting included the low-speed searches and interception of searches by the CAP. BTW, in this case, i think that the side whose scout is shot down by enemy CAPs should be informed of the loss of the scout after a while (to be determined: 1h, 2h?) with some location information. This would be historical since the Japanese deduced several times the approximate location of US TF from the loss of some of their long range scouts (typically H6K).

Then i would say torpedoes since, at the moment, surface battles are quite unbalanced because of the over effectiveness of the Japanese torpedoes.

And finally the CAPs. Very interesting stuff also; according to my own (little) experience of the game, it may change a lot of things.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep - 19:43 (2017)    Post subject: version 2.1 planning Reply with quote

So final verdict for the scope of this version

- Improvement of the torpedo rules
- Miscellaneous enhancement for forces, namely applying a maximum of 12 ships per TF
- Start to balance the 2P games
- bug fixes

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 22 Sep - 05:13 (2017)    Post subject: version 2.1 planning Reply with quote

It is hard to choose from and I know it is hard to do all. My takes:

1. CAP
- Do not rotate CAP if they have enough fuel to stay aloft until nightfall
- Possibility to have repetitive distant CAP 

2. Air Search
- Give more control on sea-plane search. 
- This is a pre-requisite for introducing the Midway scenario to the 2P game by limiting the IJN search capability by relying solely on cruiser floatplanes
- At night, ships position should be lost quicker than during daylight (in 2 turns)
- Low-speed search (1 hex per phase) with an endurance comparable to a transfer mission

3. Torpedoes. Limit their power in surface combat
- limit the number if ships which are in position to fire a salvo, depending on surprise 
- limit the torpedo ammunition of surface ships. Visible only by its controller

Additional:

1. Armed search (or) blind strike

One more thing:

In 2.0 (and may also in previous versions), for Midway scenario, if a IJN CVBG is very close to USN CVBG on Day 1, the next day, it will launch airstrikes against your CVBG first instead of Midway.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 22 Sep - 16:00 (2017)    Post subject: version 2.1 planning Reply with quote

Not sure to get your last statement
It is like this if the IJN has detected one of your Carrier

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 03:24 (2017)    Post subject: version 2.1 planning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Announcements All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation