Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Surface Attacks and Movement.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Rules
Previous topic :: Next topic  
USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 16 Sep - 07:03 (2017)    Post subject: Surface Attacks and Movement. Reply with quote

I still struggle with surface attacks and movements.  I'd like to suggest several changes that I think will make ship movement and battles easier and less confusing. 

Detaching - When ships detach from a CV or TRS TF and create a new TF and the new TF has no CV or TRS, the default "Surface Engagement Tactic" should be set to 1:1.
Often when I detach CA, CL and DD from CV & TRS TF the new TF "Surface Engagement Tactic" default is "Never". Many times I'm not aware until combat occurs. Whenever ships detach, setting the SET to 1:1 would save me a lot of headache. 

"Attack" Option - This feature would operate exactly like the "Auto Pilot".  When you tap on your TF and the display screen opens there will be a "Attack" below the "Surface Engagement Tactic" icon.  When you select "Attack" the map opens. The player then selects the enemy TF. Your TF will auto automatically move to that hex.  Once it arrives it will attack the TF that was selected. If it reaches the hex and no TF is there it will perform a search pattern in the surrounding hexes (Just like aircraft does). 

Give player control of TF movement when in Dissaray. Frequently after a battle I try to move away but often the TF will move in the direction of the enemy. Not having control of movement while in Disarray is very frustrating. 

I think these three things will give players much more control of ships during combat. 

Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 16 Sep - 07:03 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Rules All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation