Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Limits on torpedoes (v2.1)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep - 08:17 (2017)    Post subject: Limits on torpedoes (v2.1) Reply with quote

The number of torpedoes launched during each surface battles will be limited

Each ships has a also limited ammunition? This info is only known the owner of the ship
See the bars next to the surface factors below

Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep - 08:17 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep - 19:39 (2017)    Post subject: Limits on torpedoes (v2.1) Reply with quote

And 

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep - 21:02 (2017)    Post subject: Limits on torpedoes (v2.1) Reply with quote

Cyril, it sounds nice. I experienced surface battle with the new rules and it seems much more balanced by now.

Regarding ammunition, i think it should be also limited. And ideally some difference should be done between regular ammunition against ships and special ammunition against land objectives (the latter one being much less efficient if any against ships). But most probably this could be regarded as an advanced feature.

However, with this limitation in torpedoes/ammunition availability, i think the players should be given more control on their naval units whenever a surface combat occurs, typically making decision about firing torpedoes/guns yes or no.

BTW, regarding surprise, are US surface radars taken into account. These devices were not very accurate at the moment but they were there and theoretically they may mitigate surprise.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 21 Sep - 21:37 (2017)    Post subject: Limits on torpedoes (v2.1) Reply with quote

Yes surface radar is taken into account
See

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 22 Sep - 05:16 (2017)    Post subject: Limits on torpedoes (v2.1) Reply with quote

Sound about right. But CA had so many torpedo? If you take ammo count, than loading time should also be taken into account cause I read that somewhere it was quite long.

Need to test them, first.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 22 Sep - 16:45 (2017)    Post subject: Limits on torpedoes (v2.1) Reply with quote

Yes IJN carried 24 torpedoes 
Their torpedo launchers were able to send 2 salvo of 4 in a battle

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 29 Sep - 02:02 (2017)    Post subject: Limits on torpedoes (v2.1) Reply with quote

I played SC last night (i.e. vers 2.1(3)) and yeah, I was torped by IJN in every engagement during Day 1. The situation got better afterwards, but I think it was because IJN ran out of torp already... I think limited TF size makes it worse now. I am talking about this in other thread.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 08:29 (2017)    Post subject: Limits on torpedoes (v2.1)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation