Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Search Plane Recall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Titus Tears

PostPosted: Fri 3 Jun - 20:01 (2016)    Post subject: Search Plane Recall Reply with quote

I would like the option to recall "Search Planes" once they have been launched.
Similar to the option to cancel an attack.

Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 3 Jun - 20:01 (2016)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 4 Jun - 11:21 (2016)    Post subject: Search Plane Recall Reply with quote

Yes this feasible as it was included in the beta version
It may be done with the search pattern

A radio check will be done on each search plane
If successful, then the plane is randomly put on map in its search pattern and comes back to its base

Titus Tears

PostPosted: Sat 4 Jun - 18:22 (2016)    Post subject: Search Plane Recall Reply with quote

Hello Bladerunner,

Thanks for the reply.
Does the current search pattern move out in a circle and anything within that circle 360 degree is seen.
I know it is more helpful but not realistically it is not.
The idea of selecting maybe 15 degree radius and sending a plane into that search pattern and also restricting its maximum search distance so it can double back to search in a different return pattern.

Some nice ideas to explore but game play is paramount.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 5 Jun - 14:26 (2016)    Post subject: Search Plane Recall Reply with quote

Not exactlyThe current search pattern is a circle
Every force in the circle may be detected but this is depending on a formula based on aircraft density and search radius (see advanced search help pages)

I would be happy to work with you and improve the search rules 
You could have access to the beta version 

Cheers
Cyril 

Titus Tears

PostPosted: Sun 5 Jun - 17:07 (2016)    Post subject: Search Plane Recall Reply with quote

Hello Bladerunner,

It would be a pleasure to help in any way I can.
I can draw up some ideas during the week to flesh out what I am suggesting and some interface ideas.
To see how it can be possible or will it make the game-play over burdensome.
Game play is paramount and ease of use in my mind so some things can over complicate but that is your call in the end.

Let me know when you wish …

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 9 Jun - 20:36 (2016)    Post subject: Search Plane Recall Reply with quote

I am wondering if this recall feature is still needed if we implement the search pattern feature
Setting the right search radius will ensure your scout planes are back when you want

PirateJock

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jun - 09:19 (2016)    Post subject: Search Plane Recall Reply with quote

I'd agree, if the search pattern feature was implemented (sounds a great addition: being able to select search arc AND distance) then the need for a recall is reduced. It could still be included as an additional aspect of the search pattern function but more as a nice-to-have rather than essential requirement.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 16:32 (2017)    Post subject: Search Plane Recall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation