Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Done] Crashes after 2.1.3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Bugs
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Dr. Brian

PostPosted: Mon 16 Oct - 04:10 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Crashes after 2.1.3 Reply with quote

i have the regular version, and just purchased the 3 optional rules ($1.99) and then the first in app scenario ($.99). 

Now the app doesn't start. I get the start up screen for 1 sec and the app just shuts down. 

What can I do?

I tried shutting down the app and then even shut off the iPad. 

Thanks for your help!

Doc

Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 16 Oct - 04:10 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Mon 16 Oct - 06:09 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Crashes after 2.1.3 Reply with quote

I'll send an email to the developer. 

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 16 Oct - 07:37 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Crashes after 2.1.3 Reply with quote

Hello,

I feel the last patch has brought an unwanted behaviour

Could you try this:

- delete the app
- reinstall it
- still crashing ?
- in order to skip all tutorials, go to Rules&Tutorials, then tap on Learning mode button. This will unlock everything
- In the Extra menu, restore your previous purchase
- play a bit. close the app
- re-open. Still crashing ?

Cyril

Dr. Brian

PostPosted: Mon 16 Oct - 17:23 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Crashes after 2.1.3 Reply with quote

Hi Cyril,

Did as you suggested. I got the game back, but did notice a few things.

1) When looking at events upon scenario start up, the 0500 entry is always garbled. The text is overwriting itself, so one can not read what is written.

2) When playing the game and you want to go and review a rule, the Rule Summary page is blank when you brews the second button on the LHS.

3) I unlocked the tutorials as told, however, the little red circles with numbers will not go away unless I still view the rules and training scenarios. 

4). Is there a mamimum limit to AA fire in a TF. I was merging some ships into a TF, And AA fire stopped increasing even though I was adding CL and CA. 

Thanks for your help.

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Mon 16 Oct - 19:02 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Crashes after 2.1.3 Reply with quote

Dr. Brian wrote:
4). Is there a mamimum limit to AA fire in a TF. I was merging some ships into a TF, And AA fire stopped increasing even though I was adding CL and CA. 

Thanks for your help.

I will let Cyril answer to points 1, ,2 and 3 but as for point 4, yes there is a limit.

Regarding AA:
- you get heavy AA (first number down left) and light AA (second number down left)
- heavy AA fires before the planes attack while light AA only fires after the planes attack
- for a US TF, heavy AA is the sum of the four higher individual values; for Japanese TF, only the two highest; the number of ships allowed to fire is doubled in the case when the raid has been detected (so 8 for the US, 4 for the Japanese).
- for light AA, i don't know exactly since i did not find anything in the rules about it but i guess it is the same
- light AA is ineffective against heavy bombers (flying too high); it is doubled against torpedo bombers but is divided by two if there are both torpedo bombers and dive bombers in the raid

Each AA point (both heavy and light) has 4% chances of hitting an enemy plane unit attacking (possibly modified by the weather).

When a ship is attacked, its AA (combining both heavy and light) modifies the chance of hitting by -1% per 5 points of AA (knowing that basic % of hitting is 25% for each air points attacking the ship +/- various modifiers and the final result cannot be below 5%).

So if you want to stop an attack, you need a lot of heavy AA plus possibly a CAP; after that the AA of the targeted ship (not the TF) may disturb the attack and decrease the % of chance of hitting....

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 16 Oct - 21:42 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Crashes after 2.1.3 Reply with quote

Thanks for the precise answer to point 4 :-)

For the others

1) I have fixed it for next version but nothing blocking
2) i cannot reproduce it
3) the red badge still emphasizes the number of unread rules
May be it could mark all of them as read but not sure it would be a good idea

Yeil

Dr. Brian

PostPosted: Mon 16 Oct - 23:15 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Crashes after 2.1.3 Reply with quote

Regarding 2), where the rules are not accessible in game, i have a screen shot:

http://img.xooimage.com/files110/0/a/5/img_0001-5341fd3.png

I can produce it in any of the scenarios.  

Regarding 3), I understand that emphasizes the unread rules, but I just had to delete and then reinstall the App.  So I already went through all them. Maybe you can provide an option to mark them "all read."

Regarding the precise answer to 4) and AA fire, that was not in the rules.  So I would like to know where I can access all that information. I am sure there are other rules that are detailed and I am missing some precise rules that I can maximize in my games. 

Thanks,
Doc

Dr. Brian

PostPosted: Mon 16 Oct - 23:16 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Crashes after 2.1.3 Reply with quote

%5Burl=http://img.xooimage.com/files110/9/f/9/img_0001-5341feb.png%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttp://img.xooimage.com/files110/a/c/2/img_0001-5341fec.png%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D

Dr. Brian

PostPosted: Mon 16 Oct - 23:17 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Crashes after 2.1.3 Reply with quote

Okay, sorry but I can't seem to get the image to post. Sigh. 

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Tue 17 Oct - 07:35 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Crashes after 2.1.3 Reply with quote

Details about the AA rules can be found in the advanced rules, i think in the air combat section (do not remember exactly the name of the section). Weather effects are in the corresponding section of advanced rules.
I truly recommend you to read all the rules included advanced rules if you want to know the mechanisms of the game since most details can be found there.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 17 Oct - 16:45 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Crashes after 2.1.3 Reply with quote

Dr. Brian wrote:
Okay, sorry but I can't seem to get the image to post. Sigh. 

To upload an image from your PC
- select the image button
- choose the file
- submit
- two links are then generated. select the second one and copy it
- paste it in your post

Dr. Brian

PostPosted: Tue 17 Oct - 20:27 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Crashes after 2.1.3 Reply with quote

Yep, that is what I keep doing. See below. I mean, I can't be messing up copy/paste!!!

Here it is again....

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 17 Oct - 21:44 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Crashes after 2.1.3 Reply with quote

There should be [bracket] in the image snipper. But you had encoded characters like %5B instead.

By the way, do you experience this empty screen each time ?
In each situation : first launch, first display of the map, loading a saved game, etc.... ?

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 19 Oct - 14:24 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Crashes after 2.1.3 Reply with quote

There was an error in a third-party library which has been solved now
The 2.1.5 version should dfinitively erase that problem

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:37 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Crashes after 2.1.3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation