Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plotting Markers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  
USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 26 Oct - 06:04 (2017)    Post subject: Plotting Markers Reply with quote

Bladerunner

Can you add some feature where you can add "plotting" markers to the map to show enemy TFs last location. This would be helpful in tracking enemy TF. 

Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 26 Oct - 06:04 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 27 Oct - 05:49 (2017)    Post subject: Plotting Markers Reply with quote

I dunno but it could make the map screen very crowded.

Also, please note that the market may not be the TF you are looking for, partly due to FoW, other due to splitting and combination of ships

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 27 Oct - 05:58 (2017)    Post subject: Plotting Markers Reply with quote

currymutton wrote:
I dunno but it could make the map screen very crowded.

Also, please note that the market may not be the TF you are looking for, partly due to FoW, other due to splitting and combination of ships

I was thinking of being able to do it manually. But if it's automated then I would like to be able to delet them if I don't need them. There should also be a option to turn this feature on and off. 

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct - 13:49 (2017)    Post subject: Plotting Markers Reply with quote

I think it is a very good idea since the information will be lost after some time (i mean the TF counter on the map disappear because contact is lost) and reminding all the information is difficult. It is still possible but you have to get back to the event logs... which is quite complex since you have all sort of information mixed.

BTW, maybe we should think to split the event logs in sub-logs in order to separate information about damage / raids results on one side and about spotting on the other one and make it easier to read.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct - 14:00 (2017)    Post subject: Plotting Markers Reply with quote

If your wish it to see the latest known location of enemy ships,
why not displaying always the last know state and position of enemy TF (event if wrong, especially after the night) ?

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct - 14:57 (2017)    Post subject: Plotting Markers Reply with quote

Yes why not, it should be a solution probably easier to implement.
With option of showing or not since there might be quite a lot of information on the map...

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct - 20:27 (2017)    Post subject: Plotting Markers Reply with quote

In fact with my proposal, you just show one position per task force : the last know
Event if the ships have moved or not been detected for two turns (turn invisible today)

Actually, it will be better than today I feel
If a force moves without being detected, its position won’t be updated until successfully search. Today it is updated for 2 turns

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct - 23:01 (2017)    Post subject: Plotting Markers Reply with quote

Yes should be better but the question is how shadowing is simulated?
We know that when a scout had found a TF it tried to stay in the vicinity and report subsequent moves... unless losing the contact or being shot down, or forced to turn back.
As searches are simulated through probability, i really wonder how shadowing is done.
I think it is the key for getting something more realistic.

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct - 02:34 (2017)    Post subject: Plotting Markers Reply with quote

But what I am talking about is not shadowing. As Bladerunner said, the last known position stays on the board for 2 turns then disappears. What I want to do is have some ability to mark that location after 2 turns. Perhaps one option is to have the TF marker become shadow like or is dimmed darker. Another option is to have a flag with the TF number on it.

Think of the map marker they used in WWII. Something like this. 
http://c7.alamy.com/comp/D36RRA/ww2-plotting-map-D36RRA.jpg
But just a flag is fine. 

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct - 14:38 (2017)    Post subject: Plotting Markers Reply with quote

Yes i know, i was just answering to BR who spoke about the game currently updating the TF position for two turns. I think this is typically about shadowing.

While you are talking about keeping track on the map of the last known position of a TF. Something completely different.
I think this is a very good idea.

But then i think that rules about shadowing may be redefined.

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct - 04:41 (2017)    Post subject: Plotting Markers Reply with quote

I would argue this feature works better for "blind strikes" rather than "shadowing" as BR repeatedly mention, current search model already incrops shadowing.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 31 Oct - 09:34 (2017)    Post subject: Plotting Markers Reply with quote

yes shadowing is a good point. 
Although it could be improved. If the scout planes have not enough fuel, then the position cannot be updated

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:38 (2017)    Post subject: Plotting Markers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation