Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radio silence
Goto page: <  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  
larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 18 Nov - 14:31 (2017)    Post subject: Radio silence Reply with quote

Scouts were transmitting information regularly to their base and to friendly planes, allowing them to know where was the enemy. Of course, the enemy was aware of it but i think there were higher benefits. Actually, generally, the enemy was aware of the presence of scouts planes in the vicinity, either by radar (for US in 1942, later for the Japanese) or by sighting them or even by hearing their engines.

Regarding redirecting raids from the CVs, i agree this was very rare if it did exist; there was an exception in the Coral Sea and the message was sent "en clair" according to Lundstrom. Maybe an option in the game?
But i think raids should be "redirected" from information coming from shadowing scouts; i mean at least change the place the raid is aiming, maybe not the target.
Redirecting raids from land bases... why not? i agree the enemy was listening but there were some codes... and decoding a message took time so that finally the decoded message would not have any value any more. However i do not know examples of it so far.

Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 18 Nov - 14:31 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation