Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bombing Results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Bugs
Previous topic :: Next topic  
USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Wed 8 Nov - 03:37 (2017)    Post subject: Bombing Results Reply with quote

Hi All

I'm playing Guadalcanal 2P with Tom and he is playing IJN.  He just bombarded Guadalcanal with 17 G4Ms that survived the first CAP wave and didn't do a single point damage to the airfield. While I was happy with the results. I have to admit that the bombing results just wasn't right.  With that many bombers he should have scored some damage. I think the bombing chart might need to be taken a look at and maybe be modified a bit.  Perhaps BR can program it, let's say, for every 6 or 7 bombers you have, you score at minimum one point of damage. To score 0 hits with so many bombers doesn't seem realistic. 

Darrell 

Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 8 Nov - 03:37 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Wed 8 Nov - 21:13 (2017)    Post subject: Bombing Results Reply with quote

Hi Darell,

Yes, it sounds strange but, as i reported in an other thread, i also had some strange results regarding CAPs with small CAPs getting far better results than larger CAPs.

Of course things such like this may happen with stochastic processes but if we experience it on a quite regular basis, then we may suspect there is a bias somewhere.

Regarding bombing, well... personally i would prefer to stick to something purely random. Otherwise, maybe have a look at the surface bombardment table, i think this one guarantees minimal success.

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 9 Nov - 00:46 (2017)    Post subject: Bombing Results Reply with quote

My issue is that it's too random and that extreme result seem to occur more frequently than they should.  Case in point where Tom had 17 bombers and they all missed. I know there are cases where bomber formations completely missed their target. This mostly occurred when bombing new targets and were less likely to occur with familiar targets unless there was weather or heavy CAP. I feel damage results should be more on a gentle curve. Just my 2 cents. 

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 11 Nov - 10:31 (2017)    Post subject: Bombing Results Reply with quote

Today ii is done like that
Each bomber has a chance to hit . 10% for the G4M
In this case, each of the 17 G4M missed which is really bad luck. We could say that completely missed the airfield location

Historically, the Japanese have not really good tactical bombers. Results of operation I-go April 1943 were really disappointing and they had sent huge formation of aircraft over Allied airfield in New guinea and in the Salomon islands

You need to have heavier bombers surcharge as B-25 or B-26 to inflict a lof of damage

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 11 Nov - 15:24 (2017)    Post subject: Bombing Results Reply with quote

I agree with BR, this is very bad luck but still mathematically possible. But we need to pay attention to such events in order to be sure there is no bias anywhere.

I also agree about the Japanese bombers effectiveness against ground targets; it proved to be quite low compared to the Allies.
Japanese bombers used to drop 125kg possibly 250 kg bombs, and very often 60 kg bombs... Of course, too much light to cause heavy damages.
Plus bombing accuracy was quite poor.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:37 (2017)    Post subject: Bombing Results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation