Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Long Range Air Search

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Rules
Previous topic :: Next topic  
USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Tue 14 Nov - 22:11 (2017)    Post subject: Long Range Air Search Reply with quote

I've always felt that it has always been a little bit too easy for planes to detect task force at long range.  So I took another look at the search rules and was surprised how easy it was to detect ships at long range when you have just a few planes searching.  I've believe  that Air search at long range is too powerful.  It must be reduced. This is a carrier game.  I've felt for a long time that bombers have been an overwhelming threat to ships, especially for the US.  Because it relatively easy to find enemy TF, the Japanese in particular are able to attack ships frequently with bombers.  This makes them deadly.  It makes the Japanese even more deadly because they are able to send out massive air strikes which almost guarantees sinking a CV.  To me I've always felt has created  a game imbalance in favor of the Japanese.  In reality, long range bomber strikes against ships were rare and bombers sinking ships at long range were even rarer.

I'd like to suggest a few modifications 
-All land based bombers (except dive bombers) searches must be a circle search. 
-Dectection beyond 10 hexes be strongly reduced or maybe reduce overall search detection by 20-25%
-Reduce Japanese bombers by about 30%

Here is my thought on the bomber reduction.  While the bombers that the Japanese have is fairly accurate. All of these bombers, especially those at Rubal, were not solely dedicated to the Guadalcanal fight.  A good portion of these bombers were used to attack other targets, primarily Paupa New Guinea. This reduction represents a portion of the bomber that were being used for other bomber mission. 

By reducing long range detection and attacks on ships by long range bombers, it will increase CV engagements and this is what the game is all about.  I also feel this will make the game more historically accurate too.

I'd like to hear your thoughts. 

Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 14 Nov - 22:11 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 15 Nov - 23:11 (2017)    Post subject: Long Range Air Search Reply with quote

Hi,

the rules are going to change
See first the ides in the New features section

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 16 Nov - 08:36 (2017)    Post subject: Long Range Air Search Reply with quote

Ok will do

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:38 (2017)    Post subject: Long Range Air Search

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Rules All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation