Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Revenge Raid 2P: work or not?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Miscellaneous
Previous topic :: Next topic  
currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 23 Nov - 04:33 (2017)    Post subject: Revenge Raid 2P: work or not? Reply with quote

I have been playing this with USS Archerfish, TomKonczal and BR. And I find this game is not winnable by US (even with my "gamebit") that all US fleets must retreat southward after being attacked (not spotted) by IJN.

First of all, all human IJN players will, no doubt, send out scouts onto the south, looking for US flat tops, and the setup are well primed for this.  so it is very likely the game means an end to a possible US win well before noon in Day 1, where Buka sure will fall in IJN hands and so will Lae, if the IJN plays the timing right.

What do you guys suggest?

Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 23 Nov - 04:33 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Tom Konczal

PostPosted: Thu 23 Nov - 04:50 (2017)    Post subject: Revenge Raid problems and possible solution Reply with quote

I agree totally. Not winnable by the US against either the AI or a human player. Get rid of the fall back to the star restriction and it would make for an interesting game. 

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 23 Nov - 07:19 (2017)    Post subject: Revenge Raid 2P: work or not? Reply with quote

I find the way which can get strategic most of the time, tactical if my luck is not that good, against the AI where the search system is not so human level yet. My advise is play it like a puzzle game, not a wargame.
Tom Konczal wrote:

I agree totally. Not winnable by the US against either the AI or a human player. Get rid of the fall back to the star restriction and it would make for an interesting game. 
The fallback thing, I think it is more open to debate.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 28 Nov - 08:41 (2017)    Post subject: Revenge Raid 2P: work or not? Reply with quote

To increase the odds for the US- use weather
- variabel set-up so that the Japanese does not know exactly where to search

The weather could be added by default for multiplayers game

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Wed 29 Nov - 02:56 (2017)    Post subject: Revenge Raid 2P: work or not? Reply with quote

The IJN player just need to do a 180 degree search on Day 1 and there is not much place for the USN to hide...

I would suggest banning search on Day 1 instead
Bladerunner wrote:

To increase the odds for the US- use weather
- variabel set-up so that the Japanese does not know exactly where to search

The weather could be added by default for multiplayers game

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 29 Nov - 18:52 (2017)    Post subject: Revenge Raid 2P: work or not? Reply with quote

Banning search on day 1 ?!

hiding from the Japanese is hard
and also historical

one thing you can do: launch a few planes to score a few points without waiting to be located

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 11:54 (2017)    Post subject: Revenge Raid 2P: work or not?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation