Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Done] What If (v1.3)
Goto page: <  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 8 Nov - 21:50 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] What If (v1.3) Reply with quote

Well the IJN a little bit more power than the USN in the area
The disabling of Hiyo and Zuiho at the beginning has rebalanced the forces

The outcome was still a tactical victory for the Japanese
I feel the US could have lost both Enterprise and Hornet at Santa Cruz

Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 8 Nov - 21:50 (2016)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Wed 9 Nov - 01:36 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] What If (v1.3) Reply with quote

I understand. It is actually far more powerful  in SCI: I think on average 10%-30% of a time that all 3 US CV and both BB at the end, especially when the IJN has better luck and know how to preserve her CVs

I guess I would accept Hiyo for now.

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 10 Nov - 08:56 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] What If (v1.3) Reply with quote

Seriously I have no idea what the IJN setup of SCI is so, this is just some crazy idea...

Suggestion regarding pro-IJN option for SCI scenario:
1. Shortland as an airbase?
2. (As usual) Weaken Henderson Field with less gas/less planes/bombardment reduced it to a single air strip due to IJN victory at Battle of East Solomon
3. More capital ships spearheading for convoy (which is kinda lacking in how the AI tries to clear my blockade)

As for Allied, shall we add Saratoga? 

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 14 Nov - 23:51 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] What If (v1.3) Reply with quote

Have will already add the Wasp as an option for Santa Cruz in the 1.6 version 
You get the CV Wasp, BB North Carolina, DD O'Brien

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 25 Nov - 16:32 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] What If (v1.3) Reply with quote

Other ideas:

Easter Solomons:
- the US has not invaded Guadalcanal on time. The scenario starts with the airfield in the hands of the Japanese  and active. The US player must invade it. Of course the painful naval battle fo Savo island has not yet occurred
- the Japanese had managed at least to turn back on time to save the Hiryu from the disaster at Midway. She is available for this scenario
- may be more fuel and planes at Guadalcanal

Guadalcanal
- the Japanese starts with an active airfield at Munda, new Georgia

Santa Cruz:
- why not adding the Shortlands but I am not sure this will change much
- may be something related to a strong land offensive against Henderson Field and artillery guns pointing at the airfield. Hence less planes and fuel at available for the naval battle

Last edited by Bladerunner on Fri 25 Nov - 16:44 (2016); edited 3 times in total
Phil Gaskill
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 25 Nov - 16:38 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] What If (v1.3) Reply with quote

So, in the first "Easter" Solomons idea, the Japanese would have had time to FINISH the airfield? It would be operational?

Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 25 Nov - 16:40 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] What If (v1.3) Reply with quote

Phil Gaskill wrote:
So, in the first "Easter" Solomons idea, the Japanese would have had time to FINISH the airfield? It would be operational?

Yes. So this a big what-if

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 25 Nov - 16:59 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] What If (v1.3) Reply with quote

Bladerunner wrote:

Other ideas:

Easter Solomons:
- the US has not invaded Guadalcanal on time. The scenario starts with the airfield in the hands of the Japanese  and active. The US player must invade it. Of course the painful naval battle fo Savo island has not yet occurred
- the Japanese had managed at least to turn back on time to save the Hiryu from the disaster at Midway. She is available for this scenario
- may be more fuel and planes at Guadalcanal

Guadalcanal
- the Japanese starts with an active airfield at Munda, new Georgia

Santa Cruz:
- why not adding the Shortlands but I am not sure this will change much
- may be something related to a strong land offensive against Henderson Field and artillery guns pointing at the airfield. Hence less planes and fuel at available for the naval battle

Eastern Solomons:

Japanese held Tulagi? (to be precise) This should be interesting

Hiryu -- I think it is really for those who are looking for even more challenge...

More airfield for Japanese

My main problem with AI is she does not use her air power to cover her fellow sailors strong enough and the latter has to op for operations at night, which is a real shame. I dunno if more, closer airbase helps.

I always feel the planes at Henderson air field in the Santa Cruz scenario is rather of the right mix (before the Japanese air strikes to level them out in Day 1, i.e.)  I have no problem lowering them further.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 16:23 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] What If (v1.3)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation