Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wake Island Scenario?
Goto page: <  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  

Do you think a Wake Island scenario would be worth adding?
Absolutely! It would be worth a fee to get it!
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Meh. I’d only play it if it were free.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I’d be primarily interested in single player.
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
I’d be primarily interested in multi-player.
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 4 Jan - 23:45 (2018)    Post subject: Wake Island Scenario? Reply with quote

In fact, I was more thinking to the carrier raids achieved against awake and Marcus in Feb/Mar

http://www.microworks.net/pacific/battles/early_carrier_raids.htm

Sightreader wrote:
Thanks, great info and tremendous research! 

Sounds like the Marshall Raid, which you have down as Feb 1st, would be a month or so after Wake, which is more like Dec 23; I’m guessing the forces would be a bit different.

As a teacher, I naturally got quite a bit of work to get ready for another semester of craziness, but maybe I’ll get lucky and have a chance to check out that book on Black Shoe Fletcher...

Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 4 Jan - 23:45 (2018)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 4 Jan - 23:53 (2018)    Post subject: Wake Island Scenario? Reply with quote

The IJN pursuing force
http://pacific.valka.cz/forces/ijn/index_frame.htm

Sightreader

PostPosted: Fri 5 Jan - 00:58 (2018)    Post subject: Wake Island Scenario? Reply with quote

Bladerunner wrote:
The IJN pursuing force
http://pacific.valka.cz/forces/ijn/index_frame.htm

Well bang, that’s probably a lot more about the Wake operation than I’ll ever know. I dunno how anyone would get info on the (remaining) air complement of the Hiryu, Soryu, and Kwaj.

I’m guessing it would be easier to deduce the historical US forces, although the hypothetical re-armament of Lex, Sara, and Ent for an intercept and destroy of the Japanese flattops would probably be much more difficult.

Sightreader

PostPosted: Fri 5 Jan - 08:34 (2018)    Post subject: Wake Island Scenario? Reply with quote

By the way, do you guys want me to see if I can find map of the Wake-Marshalls area on the internet, or is that a relatively trivial part of scenario building?

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 5 Jan - 08:38 (2018)    Post subject: Wake Island Scenario? Reply with quote

The map won't too difficult to do because there is only small islandsHowever, it is a good start to define the scale of the map
May be it should include : the Gilbert, the Marshalls, Wake, Marcus
Why not Truk
Midway, Johnston ?
The SW pacific map is about 2000 miles wide

Sightreader

PostPosted: Fri 5 Jan - 19:02 (2018)    Post subject: Wake Island Scenario? Reply with quote

Bladerunner wrote:
May be it should include : the Gilbert, the Marshalls, Wake, Marcus
Why not Truk
Midway, Johnston ?

Again, that question is beyond my expertise, as it really depends on how many different campaigns might try to use the same map. Is it important to have everything played on one map, or can there be several, perhaps even overlapping, maps for scenarios? I would think that’s a question that depends on the value and manageability of centralization in the software architecture.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 8 Jan - 21:19 (2018)    Post subject: Wake Island Scenario? Reply with quote

A map like that. 2000 miles wide

Sightreader

PostPosted: Mon 8 Jan - 22:58 (2018)    Post subject: Wake Island Scenario? Reply with quote

I would guess that you wouldn’t want any major operations near the edge of maps so it doesn’t become artificially easy to locate players trying to get to a corner objective.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 8 Jan - 23:59 (2018)    Post subject: Wake Island Scenario? Reply with quote

There should objective everywhere. Up to the US player to choose his strategy and up to Japanese to intercept

Sightreader

PostPosted: Tue 9 Jan - 01:16 (2018)    Post subject: Wake Island Scenario? Reply with quote

Hmm, a completely open ended campaign rather than a particular battle. I suppose the target priority varies from month to month... 

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Tue 9 Jan - 02:19 (2018)    Post subject: Wake Island Scenario? Reply with quote

Bladerunner wrote:
There should objective everywhere. Up to the US player to choose his strategy and up to Japanese to intercept

This would create a whole different game. I prefer to keep it the way it is for the time being.  

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 09:46 (2018)    Post subject: Wake Island Scenario?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation