Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Air Ops Technical Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Bugs
Previous topic :: Next topic  
USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Mon 11 Dec - 03:33 (2017)    Post subject: Air Ops Technical Issue Reply with quote

I discovered a technical issue with Air Ops that's causing issues when bombers are selected to attack ships.

Currently, in order to select a target you must first put aircraft in the Strike/Transfer Box.  Then the target icon appears and you can select your target.  But this creates major problems for some bombers that have dramatics range changes when using torpedo and the player never sees it.

Let me give you an example.

The B-26 has a bombing range of 36.  A new player sees an enemy TF 20 hexes away from PM.  He moves a group of B-26 in the transfer box. The bombing range of 36 pops-up on the screen. Now the Target icon pops up. The new player taps on the Target icon and the map opens up. Now he selects the enemy TF 20 hexes away.  Once he does this, the game automatically reduces the range to 18 because it's carrying torpedos now.  However, the player never sees this.  The new player only becomes aware of this after the plane has launched when a ⚠️ pops up saying aircraft doesn't have sufficient fuel.  This problem mainly happens to the US when using B-26 and Beaufighter. 

I think the best way to avoid this problem so it doesn't confuse player it to do one of two things.

1. Players must select target before entering planes in the strike/transfer box.  By selecting the target first, then adding planes to the strike box, the player will see the correct fuel range.  This means leaving the Target icon permanently in the strike box.  

2. Whenever a aircraft fuel range changes after a target is selected. An alert pops up warning the player that the aircraft no longer has sufficient fuel to reach the target.  

This isn't a critical issue but I would help reduce confusion and frustration particularly with new players. 

Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 11 Dec - 03:33 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Tue 12 Dec - 20:32 (2017)    Post subject: Air Ops Technical Issue Reply with quote

Archerfish,

I think that when you put some planes in the raid box and choose the target, the game immediately selects the corresponding payload and related range and warns if there is a problem.
And you have up to the phase when the planes are launched to make up your mind.

However i agree that there is a problem with this because players don't know the exact range of the planes depending on the target/payload. Well actually you have to get back to the rules which i recognize i never do...

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Tue 12 Dec - 21:29 (2017)    Post subject: Air Ops Technical Issue Reply with quote

larsenjp wrote:
Archerfish,

I think that when you put some planes in the raid box and choose the target, the game immediately selects the corresponding payload and related range and warns if there is a problem.
And you have up to the phase when the planes are launched to make up your mind.

However i agree that there is a problem with this because players don't know the exact range of the planes depending on the target/payload. Well actually you have to get back to the rules which i recognize i never do...

Yes Larsenjp, I'm aware of this.  Actually what I do is add a non torpedo bomber first and then select a target and then add the torpedo bomber to show its torpedo range.  But I have to take a few extra steps to do this. It would be nice to be able to select a target first.  But in order to do that the target icon must be permanently displayed in the strike box.

Anyway, I'm primarily presenting this issue for the sake of new players but also in hopes that changes will be made in the future to refine the game even further. 

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Tue 12 Dec - 22:05 (2017)    Post subject: Air Ops Technical Issue Reply with quote

Yes, i fully agree, the game still needs some polishing and newcomers may find it difficult but it is like a natural diamond...

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 01:15 (2018)    Post subject: Air Ops Technical Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation