Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Air op & incoming raid warning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Miscellaneous
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 22 Dec - 14:37 (2017)    Post subject: Air op & incoming raid warning Reply with quote

I am wondering if this feature is still useful
If not, I would rather remove it to clear the screen

When an airstrike is detected, all the airbases within 3 hexes get a warning message like below

Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 22 Dec - 14:37 (2017)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Wed 27 Dec - 01:37 (2017)    Post subject: Air op & incoming raid warning Reply with quote

I disregard this "warning" because there is nothing I can do...

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Wed 27 Dec - 08:00 (2017)    Post subject: Air op & incoming raid warning Reply with quote

I would just change it to say “Enemy air strike is 1, 2, or 3 hex away.”  But if you do eliminate it I still want the alert icon.

formix

PostPosted: Thu 28 Dec - 17:13 (2017)    Post subject: Air op & incoming raid warning Reply with quote

currymutton wrote:
I disregard this "warning" because there is nothing I can do...

I disagree. 
You may reinforce CAP or divert long-range CAP from other airfields. Maybe you were about to build a strike, so you have time to secure  the planes into the hangar or to give priority to take-off. 

So, leave the warnings untouched, in my opinion. 

Greetings 

Rob

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 28 Dec - 19:05 (2017)    Post subject: Air op & incoming raid warning Reply with quote

For me I’ve never really paid attention to it since I primarily look at the map to see incoming threats.  So if you leave it there it wouldn’t bother me.

It serves no use for airfields but can be very important for CVs.

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 29 Dec - 00:51 (2017)    Post subject: Air op & incoming raid warning Reply with quote

I think these messages are still useful; if you are in a heavy "hot" air/naval operations period, you may miss the threat.

And i agree with formix: you can do something like recalling long range CAP as already mentioned or move your CV in order to gain protection of bad weather (hoping the raid will turn back if they do not find you where it was expected; i already experienced this with the AI) or just gain more time in order to have more fighters in the CAP...

So i would let this message as it is.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 29 Dec - 00:53 (2017)    Post subject: Air op & incoming raid warning Reply with quote

So it is a 3-2 (with me) to keep it so far

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 01:51 (2018)    Post subject: Air op & incoming raid warning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation