Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Long Range Cap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  
USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 4 Jan - 04:24 (2018)    Post subject: Long Range Cap Reply with quote

Right now when you send fighters up in a CAP they have a shorter range because it is assumed that since they are above the airfield they don’t need drop tanks for endurance.  The problem comes when you switch them to LCAP.  They are still on the lower fuel tank thus greatly limiting their time to protect TF at long range.  I wonder if it would be possible to split the CAP box with LCAP on top and normal CAP on bottom.  Planes that are sent directly to the LCAP are automatically considered to have drop tanks thus getting their full endurance range.  Planes put in the CAP would use the current fuel for CAP.  Any planes in CAP once airborn and then are moved into the LCAP would keep their current fuel supply.  

Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 4 Jan - 04:24 (2018)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 5 Jan - 03:40 (2018)    Post subject: Long Range Cap Reply with quote

Agree and LRCAP should "cover" everything under the hex it is in position.

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 5 Jan - 04:01 (2018)    Post subject: Long Range Cap Reply with quote

currymutton wrote:

Yes I agree with that too.

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 5 Jan - 11:38 (2018)    Post subject: Long Range Cap Reply with quote

USS Archerfish wrote:
Yes I agree with that too.

Yes i agree. But it should be the same for "normal" CAPs.
I think CAPs should cover a geographic area (i.e. hexes) rather than a determined TF/airfield.

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 5 Jan - 18:59 (2018)    Post subject: Long Range Cap Reply with quote

currymutton wrote:

Yes I strongly agree with that too!

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 01:15 (2018)    Post subject: Long Range Cap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation