Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AppStore jungle
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Miscellaneous
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun - 08:57 (2016)    Post subject: AppStore jungle Reply with quote

Hello,

The game has been very popular when an article was out in pocket tactics.
Since the number of download has drastically fallen. This non-casual game is lost in the jungle of the AppStore
I would like you to shed light on the points below

Search
- How did you hear about the game ?
- What is the key words you are using to find similar games on google or in the AppStore

Presentation
- What is your feeling about the presentation of the game in the appStore. Would you change something
- What about the icon of the app ? A reference to hex-and-counter like a hex in the background may be ?

Thanks for the answers
Feel free to evaluate the app on the store, talk about your friends, etc...
I will keep improving the game as long as new players are jumping in. This is the base of my motivation in addition to the nice feedback and ideas you are throwing in of course  Razz

Cheers

Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun - 08:57 (2016)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Scarypharaoh

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun - 13:05 (2016)    Post subject: Discovery Reply with quote

Personally, the way I discovered the game was via a tweet from Bruce Geryk. His opinion on war games is one I very much respect so I paid immediate attention to it.

PirateJock

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun - 22:00 (2016)    Post subject: AppStore jungle Reply with quote

I heard about the game on CSW (http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.ee6e982/78748). I don't tend to search on App Store; as you say it's too diverse the chance of finding something on a cold search is low.  Pretty much all my game app downloads come from info I see either on Pocket Tactics, Touch Arcade, Consimworld or Boardgamegeek.  Maybe let them know on your next update - especially if got new content - to get more traffic on the App Store?

Must admit you need to know the icon is supposed to be a carrier to see what it is: what about something based on your air operations in-game icon?  I would also think about removing the text about for advanced wargamers only.  It's a niche market to begin with and you're limiting it further.  If anything I'd be highlighting the good job you've done on the rules and tutorials so as not to put people off.

I've just put in a review and rating on App Store.  Need to keep you working on your great game  Okay

MesaDon

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun - 23:39 (2016)    Post subject: AppStore jungle Reply with quote

I found out about this game when mentioned on Pocket Tactics.  Occasionally I do searches in the App Store for "naval warfare" or I type in a search for (Name of War Game)

Scarypharaoh

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jun - 12:50 (2016)    Post subject: Universal Reply with quote

this may be an impossibility due to the size of the smaller screens, but one way to possibly draw in additional players would be to have it universal.
I realise that given the complexity and amount of information on screen this may be impossible but I thought I would at least make the suggestion.
There are massive numbers of people who own iPhones but not iPads so that could be a way to increase its visibility purely by it showing up in searches on the AppStore.
However, I understand if this is not possible. I don't think I would be a struggle on the iPhone 6plus (which I do own), but could be problematic on the smaller 5 or even 4.

Phil Gaskill
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jun - 14:22 (2016)    Post subject: AppStore jungle Reply with quote

Ha. I bought an iPad Pro (the big one, not the little one) because I thought the big screen would make this game even more playable. (And I was right: it does.)

Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jun - 14:24 (2016)    Post subject: AppStore jungle Reply with quote

Phil Gaskill wrote:
Ha. I bought an iPad Pro (the big one, not the little one) because I thought the big screen would make this game even more playable. (And I was right: it does.)

You lucky guy  Very Happy
Give it to me !

Phil Gaskill
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jun - 14:27 (2016)    Post subject: AppStore jungle Reply with quote

Unfortunately (for you), it's an American English model, not a French model.  Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jun - 21:03 (2016)    Post subject: AppStore jungle Reply with quote

I do not want to hear that  Crying or Very sad ... I was looking at one yesterday and thinking how the extra screen space would be great for this gaming.  Silly question though, do you see a larger area of the map or is it same area and the counters look larger?

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 12 Jun - 22:15 (2016)    Post subject: AppStore jungle Reply with quote

Phil, I am not difficult, any iPad Pro will be suitable  Smile
The game is not optimized for this large screen. Everything is bigger of course but this is not more visible hexes for instance
The game on a phone would be a challenge, I must admit, but never say never

Phil Gaskill
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Mon 13 Jun - 01:54 (2016)    Post subject: AppStore jungle Reply with quote

Answer: Let's say you've got your choice: You can (a) stay with the same zoom level as on the regular iPad, in which case you'll see things the same size as before, but you'll see more hexes; or you can (b) zoom in closer until you see exactly the same amount of hexes as you were just seeing on the regular 'Pad, but then you'll be seeing them larger; or you can (c) mix and match between the two. You can also zoom OUT to where the entire map is displayed, in which case you'll see the hexes a little larger than on a regular 'Pad. The default view when you open a scenario for the first time is the same zoom level as on the regularPad, which means you'll see more hexes. ¶You still can't play zoomed out all the time, but whatever view you use the most will still show you more hexes than the view you used on regPad.

Beta-testing

PostPosted: Mon 13 Jun - 02:01 (2016)    Post subject: AppStore jungle Reply with quote

Cyril, I'll give you any computer of mine that you want—EXCEPT my iPad Pro. I've NEVER seen anything this fast. It's practically instantaneous, doing the same thing that takes a second and a half or two seconds on my iPad 4. Want the 4? I'll ship it to you tomorrow. Want the Pro? Come and take it from me.  Twisted Evil

Beta-testing

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jun - 03:28 (2016)    Post subject: Re: Discovery Reply with quote

Scarypharaoh wrote:
Personally, the way I discovered the game was via a tweet from Bruce Geryk. His opinion on war games is one I very much respect so I paid immediate attention to it.

I come to realization of this game only when Pocket Tactics mentions it and then read more from SP post in Touch Arcade forum.  Complicated, I know. But I guess there are a lot of gems hidden among the sea of F2P crap and clones/stolen IP these days.

And for the icon (if it is what you are asking), I would say if you put a CV counter (with ship name and values on it) with a blue hex in the background, it stands out itself as the wargame. Smile

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 1 Jul - 19:28 (2016)    Post subject: AppStore jungle Reply with quote

A first test for a new launch icon
I have tried to evacuate the hex and counter style
First thoughts ?

Phil Gaskill
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 1 Jul - 19:50 (2016)    Post subject: AppStore jungle Reply with quote

Certainly much better (i.e., more obvious) than it was before. I think it's good enough to do the job, myself. Others might not think so, but I'd say everyone will say it's an improvement.

PostPosted: Today at 06:22 (2017)    Post subject: AppStore jungle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  >
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation