Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Bugs
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Dr. Brian

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jan - 16:12 (2018)    Post subject: Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure Reply with quote

Playing Coral Sea.

Due to limited support ships, both CVs need to operate in same TF.

When air strike returns from mission, the AI does not distribute the returning aircraft between the CVs evenly.  One CV will get all the fighters, while the other gets all the DBs.

First, this is ahistorical.

Second, if one of my CVs is sunk with a/c and it happens to be all the strike a/c, then I will have no CHANCE to return the favor, as my other CV is all fighters. 

I should not have to put into separate hexes the two CVs, diminishing the AA of the entire TF, and make a 5 ship TF which is very vulnerable.

I understand this coding may be to difficult, but it really is critical to proper historical game play.

Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jan - 16:12 (2018)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 19 Jan - 10:55 (2018)    Post subject: Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure Reply with quote

Yes I understand your pointToday the split is done at random just taking into account the hangar capacity
I could may be equalize by a/c type 

Dr. Brian

PostPosted: Fri 19 Jan - 12:53 (2018)    Post subject: Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure Reply with quote

That would be a good thing.  Is the coding harder to track each air wing from separate carriers to the battle, and then what is not destroyed, returned to their respective CVs?

Just a more historical thought, but I'll take equal distribution over the current anyway.

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 19 Jan - 18:00 (2018)    Post subject: Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure Reply with quote

Dr. Brian wrote:
That would be a good thing.  Is the coding harder to track each air wing from separate carriers to the battle, and then what is not destroyed, returned to their respective CVs?

Just a more historical thought, but I'll take equal distribution over the current anyway.

Yes, something already much demanded since it opens much wider possibilities for managing the game.
Hope BR will finally implement it.

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 15 Feb - 18:17 (2018)    Post subject: Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure Reply with quote

Dr. Brian wrote:
Playing Coral Sea.

Due to limited support ships, both CVs need to operate in same TF.

When air strike returns from mission, the AI does not distribute the returning aircraft between the CVs evenly.  One CV will get all the fighters, while the other gets all the DBs.

First, this is ahistorical.

Second, if one of my CVs is sunk with a/c and it happens to be all the strike a/c, then I will have no CHANCE to return the favor, as my other CV is all fighters. 

I should not have to put into separate hexes the two CVs, diminishing the AA of the entire TF, and make a 5 ship TF which is very vulnerable.

I understand this coding may be to difficult, but it really is critical to proper historical game play.

I’m late to this one but I agree with Dr. Brian.  I would like returning aircraft be disbursed evenly. 

Dr. Brian

PostPosted: Thu 15 Feb - 19:03 (2018)    Post subject: Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure Reply with quote

Never to late ...

And this was what I found to be the most ahistorical, as well as most frustrating thing. Effectively, it makes the game not playable, in my opinion.

When it happened to me, I was like, WTF? Why do I have all my fighters on one CV ... and that was the one that didn't sink. Effectively, the game was over, even though if I had strike craft, I could have launched and hit him. :-(

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 15 Feb - 20:59 (2018)    Post subject: Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure Reply with quote

Yes i agree, very frustrating.
I had the same very recently, almost all the fighters on the same CVs and the bombers on the other one.
I think BR will correct this quickly. Wink

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 17 Mar - 10:20 (2018)    Post subject: Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure Reply with quote

I have found a way to improve this

When a new scenario begins, the origin CV of each air unit is recorded
When the air unit lands on a TF, the air unit will land on the origin CV is possible

This work well for CAP, search, airstrikes
If you lose the CV or transfer the units, then this ability is lost and the planes will land at random as today.

The trick on on airstrikes when you split a TF in two. Today, the TF with the largest hangar takes the airborne airstrike which is not satisfactory
1) either, I split the airstrike in two based on origin CV. 
2) either, the strikes stays compact complete it scission and the split occurs when returning home. This may conflict with shuttle bombing (different return base) or when the start airbase is different from origin CV (carrier planes operating from Guadalcanal for instance)

For me, the simplest is 1.

Dr. Brian

PostPosted: Sat 17 Mar - 14:08 (2018)    Post subject: Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure Reply with quote

I think that it is a step in the right direction.  Instead of noting the origin of the AC, is there a way to note the origin prior to each mission?  That way, you won't get the problem if the AC uses a different base.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 17 Mar - 15:24 (2018)    Post subject: Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure Reply with quote

Let's imagine a TF with Hornet and Enterprise
Both CV have launched CAP and scout planes
If the Hornet gets bombed and has an inoperative flight deck, her planes should still be able to land on the Enterprise deck and be launched again
After repairing, these plane will naturally come back to the Hornet 

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 17 Mar - 17:42 (2018)    Post subject: Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure Reply with quote

NICE!!!!  Thank you very much!

That solves one problem. So let me ask you this.  Let’s say the the Hornet and Enterprise attack some IJN CV.  The Enterprise loose 4 SBDs and the Hornet none.  When they get back I manually move 2 SBDs from the Hornet to the Enterprise to balance the planes out.  One the planes land on Enterprise with the AI now recognize them as Enterprise planes?  Just curious.

One other problem I would like to resolve are aircraft returning from a strike with multiple CVs.  I would prefer the aircraft to be distributed equally.  This is not the case at the moment. Equal distribution of returning aircraft and the new program you just implemented would be a huge improvement.  But for now, I would like to see this new feature added to the non-beta version as soon as possible. 

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 17 Mar - 18:27 (2018)    Post subject: Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure Reply with quote

USS ackerfish, to answer your questions

Quote:
That solves one problem. So let me ask you this.  Let’s say the the Hornet and Enterprise attack some IJN CV.  The Enterprise loose 4 SBDs and the Hornet none.  When they get back I manually move 2 SBDs from the Hornet to the Enterprise to balance the planes out.  One the planes land on Enterprise with the AI now recognize them as Enterprise planes?  Just curious. 

How do you move them "manually"

Quote:
One other problem I would like to resolve are aircraft returning from a strike with multiple CVs.  I would prefer the aircraft to be distributed equally.  This is not the case at the moment. Equal distribution of returning aircraft and the new program you just implemented would be a huge improvement.  But for now, I would like to see this new feature added to the non-beta version as soon as possible. 
To stick to history of carrier op, it is better to keep an air unit bounds to its CV.
Today, distribution is random, tomorrow it would respect the original composition of the CV
This means, that if you are unlucky and your Hornet squadrons are slaughtered by the Zeroes while Enterprise planes managed to clear through without damage, then carrier complement of your 2 carriers will be unbalanced

This is for version 2.4, so soon to be released

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 17 Mar - 18:27 (2018)    Post subject: Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure Reply with quote

What about my proposal above of splitting ongoing airstrikes when splitting carrier TF ?

Dr. Brian

PostPosted: Sat 17 Mar - 20:30 (2018)    Post subject: Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure Reply with quote

Bladerunner wrote:

This means, that if you are unlucky and your Hornet squadrons are slaughtered by the Zeroes while Enterprise planes managed to clear through without damage, then carrier complement of your 2 carriers will be unbalanced

I think this is good ... air wings would stay together .. for example VF-17 would work and train together ... and all would come back to the same flat top and not split up prior to landing. That would be ahistorical. Think of the logistics ...

"Frank, I need a clean pair of underwear before the next mission"
"Don't look at me Walter, you shouldn't have left your personal items on Enterprise ... sailing right next to us."

USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 17 Mar - 23:48 (2018)    Post subject: Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure Reply with quote

Bladerunner wrote:
USS ackerfish, to answer your questions

Quote:

How do you move them "manually"

Quote:

To stick to history of carrier op, it is better to keep an air unit bounds to its CV.
Today, distribution is random, tomorrow it would respect the original composition of the CV

This is for version 2.4, so soon to be released

How do you move them manually?”
Let say the Hornet and Enterprise attacks a IJN CV. Enterprise looses 4 SBSs Hornet losses non. All planes return to their original CV.  Then I manually move (transfer) 2 SBD from Hornet to Enterprise (Planes off from Hornet and lands on Enterprise). From that point will the AI recognize those 2 now as Enterprise SBDs?

I have no propblem with planes returning to original CV. 

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 23:59 (2018)    Post subject: Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation