Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure
Goto page: <  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Bugs
Previous topic :: Next topic  
USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 17 Mar - 23:57 (2018)    Post subject: Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure Reply with quote

Dr. Brian wrote:
I think that it is a step in the right direction.  Instead of noting the origin of the AC, is there a way to note the origin prior to each mission?  That way, you won't get the problem if the AC uses a different base.

Bladerunner wrote:
I have found a way to improve this

This work well for CAP, search, airstrikes
If you lose the CV or transfer the units, then this ability is lost and the planes will land at random as today.

I didn’t see this post on the top but it answers my second question.  However, this still creates problems but better than nothing. 

Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 17 Mar - 23:57 (2018)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 17 Mar - 23:59 (2018)    Post subject: Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure Reply with quote

Dr. Brian wrote:
I think that it is a step in the right direction.  Instead of noting the origin of the AC, is there a way to note the origin prior to each mission?  That way, you won't get the problem if the AC uses a different base.

Excellent idea

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sun 18 Mar - 00:24 (2018)    Post subject: Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure Reply with quote

I fully agree with propositions of BR that seems very historical to me:
- return to original CV; if losses are unbalanced, too bad but this was historical
- split the strikes if the TF are split; this is all the more historical since cooperation between air groups from different carriers was very poor in the USN all along 1942; it improved later in 1944 (since there was almost no carrier operations in 1943, both sides rebuilding its forces). Things were different for the Japanese whose planes generally operated on a basis of a carrier division, i.e. two carriers.

Of course, the problem of transferring the unit still exists. I think transferring air units from one CV to another should be limited unless no other choice, typically because the original CV is sunk or unable to operate planes, but i do not really see how to take this into account. Transferring air units from CV to land airbase should also be limited but again i do not really see how to do it.
Regarding land based planes, it is different, i think they can move from one airbase to another; this was quite common at the moment: squadrons and groups, especially bombers, typically had several airbases to operate from.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 18:25 (2019)    Post subject: Plane Disbursement on CVs a Failure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation