Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Point of Revenge Raid Scenario

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Miscellaneous
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Tobing

PostPosted: Wed 21 Feb - 17:04 (2018)    Post subject: Point of Revenge Raid Scenario Reply with quote

I’ve played all the scenarios multiple times, but I can’t figure out what the point of revenge raids is.  I start with one carrier south of Shortland.  Do I move NW/N/NE and look for transports?  I’ve played this a dozen times and sure as the sun rises, I get attacked from Rabul by 11:40 am.  Then I have to retreat south.  I don’t have the range to launch before that against any targets.  Is there some way to avoid detection?  I have no idea what the search patterns for the IJN player are, what ships he has to target or any strategy except to get hit and retreat.  Is that supposed to be fun?

Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 21 Feb - 17:04 (2018)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 22 Feb - 16:19 (2018)    Post subject: Point of Revenge Raid Scenario Reply with quote

I think this is rather an introductory scenario designed for players to get familiar with the rules and mechanisms of the game but i agree it should be most probably revised.
Personally i first try to raid Rabaul and then to find japanese ships if possible but i recognize it is very difficult to achieve surprise with the current gameplay and rules.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 22 Feb - 21:32 (2018)    Post subject: Point of Revenge Raid Scenario Reply with quote

Playing with the weather helps as you might conceal your ships under cloud coverage

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 22 Feb - 22:50 (2018)    Post subject: Point of Revenge Raid Scenario Reply with quote

I played it again and this time i managed to raid Rabaul.
But of course as BR says you need to use the weather to hide and get close enough to the target.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 07:21 (2018)    Post subject: Point of Revenge Raid Scenario

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation