Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

version 3 planning
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Announcements
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 17 Mar - 10:32 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

The next big features to come would probably be

- iPhone version
- Detection and harassment of scout planes
- Submarines
- New scenarios

Last edited by Bladerunner on Thu 31 May - 22:36 (2018); edited 1 time in total
Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 17 Mar - 10:32 (2018)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Mon 19 Mar - 09:18 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

Yay!

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 10 Apr - 15:08 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

if someone wants to test the iPhone version, please send me a MP with your email address, phone type and OS

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Wed 11 Apr - 05:56 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

....slightly off-topic

I recall you wish to add subscription feature to CB4G, and turns out Apple does not make subscription very pretty

https://mjtsai.com/blog/2018/04/10/app-store-subscriptions-and-you/

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 11 Apr - 07:55 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

In fact, I feel that subscription are not needed anymoreMy fear what that the amount of data exchanged for the 2P game had to request some funding but actually everything remains well in control 

Instead, I will add more paying features (scenarios, subs, etc...)

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 12 Apr - 05:57 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

You know what, I have (way too) many games and CB4G is the only one keeps on adding new, improved (and not to mention exciting) stuffs constantly! Keep up the grate work!

Well, you can use the above quote, for free.

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 12 Apr - 19:42 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

Great news!
Maybe i will move to iPhone finally Laughing

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 13 Apr - 21:38 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

currymutton wrote:
You know what, I have (way too) many games and CB4G is the only one keeps on adding new, improved (and not to mention exciting) stuffs constantly! Keep up the grate work!

Well, you can use the above quote, for free.

Oh great thanks to you  Razz Razz

hobbes

PostPosted: Tue 17 Apr - 18:55 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

I keep putting off playing this game as there always seems to be something good coming up soon! Now I think I'll have to wait for submarines Smile

Cheers,
Chris

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 17 Apr - 19:18 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

hobbes wrote:
I keep putting off playing this game as there always seems to be something good coming up soon! Now I think I'll have to wait for submarines Smile

Cheers,
Chris

Very Happy
The iPhone will come first
Do not expect the subs before the end of the summer, so do not hesitate to play 

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Wed 18 Apr - 08:41 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

When the sub comes, then there will be even more new and good stuff coming up. There is no perfect game.  If you wait, you are missing out.

hobbes

PostPosted: Wed 18 Apr - 15:02 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

Well I recently printed off screenshots of the instructions so I can read them in the bath. I'll make a start!

SBD

PostPosted: Tue 1 May - 21:51 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

1.). May I suggest high, low and possibly medium altitude CAP for v3.

Multi altitude CAP is in, for example, Flat Top, Carrier Battles and the simpler 90s AH Guadalcanal and Midway - not to mention the real world at Coral Sea, Midway and Santa Cruz.

The CAP would have to contend with multi-altitude attacks from torpedo and dive bombers; 
one without the other is mono dimensional and much easier to defend against.
eg There were no Kate torpedo bombers at Eastern Solomons

If there are sufficient numbers of torpedo bombers and skilled pilots, then an anvil attack, 
from both port and starboard, is possible. 
This type of attack succeeded in hitting Hornet at Santa Cruz.

It adds yet another layer of decisions on where aerial resources should be allocated,
thus making CB4G more realistic, more tense, more fun?

Paper...Scissors...Stone
Combat in Napoleonic battles was with infantry and/or artillery and/or cavalry
WW2 tactical games are similarly a mixture of MG, rifle, smoke, artillery etc

And with carrier warfare, the allocation and timing of the resources is critical?
How much to strike - to scout - to CAP? but where - at high or low or medium altitude?

NB. SBDs, possibly Vals, could be included in the low level CAP only.

2.1) Pre-dawn take offs and preparation

As mentioned by others and myself, these were commonplace and essential for getting early CAP launches off to clear the decks for scouts and land strikes take offs. Otherwise we have the unreal situation of aircraft  being spotted and launched at dawn for an overextended period, when they could have, and did; be armed, brought up from the hangar and spotted previously at night.
At Midway IJN took just seven minutes to launch 108 aircraft, because all the preparation had been done in ‘dead’ night time, not critical day time.
I am therefore also suggesting flight preparation does not start at 0520 but earlier during the night.

2.2 Aircraft may remain spotted on deck

Spruance took the risk of leaving his planes on the decks of Enterprise and Hornet at Midway, ready to strike as soon as the IJN was found.
Thus taking minimal time, in theory, to launch an attack.
A risk, which could be punished - by armed and fuelled planes leaving the carrier with no target, or worse being caught on deck. Both disasters. 
Can we have this useful/tense option?

If this option is included, then the planes should have option to leave the area for safety, as the USN did, I have no idea if the IJN did this.

T

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Wed 9 May - 07:43 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

Oh, if you want to do apps for iPhone, well it is going to get very interesting...

"Apple sets July compliance deadline for using iOS 11 SDK and iPhone X display in app updates"
http://appleinsider.com/articles/18/05/07/apple-sets-july-compliance-deadli…

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 13 May - 10:25 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

I would rather say Challenging  Razz

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 11:39 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Announcements All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation