Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

version 3 planning
Goto page: <  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Announcements
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 4 Jun - 07:59 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

I have dompted the beast

Last edited by Bladerunner on Tue 5 Jun - 22:49 (2018); edited 1 time in total
Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 4 Jun - 07:59 (2018)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Tue 5 Jun - 06:32 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

Good work, can I post this over Twitter?

SBD

PostPosted: Tue 5 Jun - 09:38 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

BR, I hope the iphone version goes well for you.

Will the tablet and phone version be identical?

If yes please advise what exactly is going in 3;
eg the numerous posts ...6 pages.... on balancing, searching, and my suggestions in this post.

The phone version is even more likely to have non board game, non Pacific CV gamers on board 
Perhaps a larger historical and game introduction to give a better understanding of the game, and therefore better appreciation and therefore greater $£E ?

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 5 Jun - 22:48 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

currymutton wrote:

Sure !

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 5 Jun - 22:53 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

IPhone and IPad version are identical at 99%
Of course it is nicer to play on the iPad with the larger screen

I will post the content of the 3.0 in a new post

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Wed 6 Jun - 03:28 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

Bladerunner wrote:

currymutton wrote:

Sure !

Done.

(Even though I think I should post this in Beta forum,)

I think at the current state, on my iPhone 6S, it is pretty good to release, except you really need to polish the New Feature list, i.e.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 6 Jun - 17:25 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

SBD,
CAP levels and aircraft kept as reserve on deck are interesting features
I don't know yet if they are feasible but they are not on top priority compared to the roadmap of the v3

Another interesting feature is the ability to launch a search and destroy airstrike around a given hex (not need to ave an identified target)

SBD

PostPosted: Thu 7 Jun - 09:42 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

Thank you BR

I invariably have coding in mind when I make a suggestion.
I am particularly keen on multi CAP levels as it surely adds to the tension of maintaining an adequate defence for your glass jawed carrier.
It occurred in real life and in many board games too.
Put too few in one level, and you can be hit in another.
Put too much in, and you have less for search and strike.
This is a key element of carrier warfare.
"All" it requires is CAP to be split into High - for dive bombers, and Low for torpedo bombers.
BUT I am not coding the game.
We all appreciate your efforts, and I wait in hope and anticipation Smile

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 9 Jun - 08:27 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

For the 3.1, there are 2 possibilities

- Submarines  (big change) 
- OR Scout détection and harassment  (faster change)

On top of that, I will probably add the possibility to play the weather for 2P games

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 9 Jun - 20:45 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

I vote for improving the scouting system.
I think it should be very valuable to set the standard for it before moving towards something completely new...
Even if i am looking forward getting subs in the game

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Mon 11 Jun - 08:44 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

I can fine with everything.  Keep up the great work

SBD

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jun - 11:41 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

I also vote for the improved scouting system
Although I take BR's point point - there appears little evidence in the books - will advise asap if otherwise - of USN scouts being shot down - certainly not at Coral Sea and Midway

Could we also? abstract submarines - it would be difficult to code and play with lots of subs over the VAST Pacific 
- so that if a CV lingered/waited for recovery in an area of hexes that an admiral had predetermined a sub force, and there was little or no ASW, 
then there would be a greater chance of being torpedoed - as real world?
This would be relatively easy to code?

NB Per Lundstrom; Lexington had 4 F4Fs on CAP and SEVEN SBDs on ASW at Coral Sea 07/05/42 whilst waiting to recover (ie lingering) a strike force.
As I keep mentioning/suggesting - it is a fine, realistic and exciting balance on how much you allocate to CAP/ASW - Search - Strike
Strengthen one to the peril of another!

SBD

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jun - 14:33 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

CORRECTION
The seven Lex SBDs were anti 97/Kate torpedo planes, not for subs, 
but at least acting as 'fighter' CAP, and they were used for AWS duties

Mortarman96

PostPosted: Mon 9 Jul - 23:55 (2018)    Post subject: version 3 planning Reply with quote

Hello, when I look at profile name, I can’t return back to main screen.  Clicking on the check does nothing.  

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 03:12 (2019)    Post subject: version 3 planning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Announcements All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation