Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We Lost A Player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  
USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sun 29 Apr - 09:06 (2018)    Post subject: We Lost A Player Reply with quote

Hi All

Dr. Brian informed me that he was no longer interested in playing.  He felt that the 2P game is too unbalanced and that it is just too difficult for the US to win.  Because of that he no longer enjoyed the game. 

I asked him to leave a post before he goes to give feed back as to what he feel would bring balance to the 2P game. I hope he will respond.

I know we talked about this already but I think we really need to consider making changes.  I see 3 primary areas that need to be adjusted in order to give the US 2P player a better chance.  It’s obvious that game balance must hold higher to historical accuracy.

Range - Japanese carriers must be reduced to 18.  I know some people don’t like this but I think it is needed.

IJN Search Reduction - IJN search capability is overwhelming.  I’m possible for US to hide.  Capability must be reduced or add modifications to reduce effectiveness. Perhaps some possible ideas.
Search must become manual.  
Search planes must be able to shoot down. 
Search planes consume fuel.

Reduce Bomber Ability of Bombers Being Able to Attack CV.  Some suggestions.
Bombers cannot be rebased.
Bombers cannot redirected to new target.
Reduce number of bombers at Rubal (Dedicated to PNG campaign)

These are some suggestions. 

Publicité

PostPosted: Sun 29 Apr - 09:06 (2018)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Mon 30 Apr - 09:38 (2018)    Post subject: We Lost A Player Reply with quote

Archerfish,

Well, too bad but this is his decision and we have to respect it.
However, i think this game is still under development and lack a lot of features; so hopefully balance will be improved.
However, as i already discussed, i think achieving total balance is a myth since it is quite subjective.
Anyway i hope Dr Brian will reconsider his decision and come back.

Nevertheless, regarding your propositions:

Reducing range for the IJN: i am fully against it since, as BR says in another thread, this one of the only advantages of the Japanese.

Search: this one if of course critical.
I agree that total control should be given to players for making searches, included seaplanes.
Shadowing should be reconsidered and CAPs should be able to shoot down shadowers.
Finally maybe the number of scouts planes available for the Japanese should be limited (i mean no more than XX units sent to make searches because of lack of qualified crew etc.); however the Japanese crews were quite good for it. When you read what happened in these months, you see that the Japanese scouts generally managed to find the US but very often they were just shot down by US fighters. This is this aspect that should be reinforced.

Regarding the bombers capability
I fully agree with you and i would add one thing: limit the size of the Japanese bomber raids. At this period of the war, they could not send massive land-based bombers air raids against US shipping; massive air raids for the Japanese meant something like 27-36 aircraft, no more. Maybe up to 48 against Guadalcanal but this is a land target.

Well, my 2 cents of course...

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 23:18 (2018)    Post subject: We Lost A Player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation