Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Done] Notification for non-CAP planes landed (v1.4)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  
currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 24 Jun - 02:46 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Notification for non-CAP planes landed (v1.4) Reply with quote

All plane units, except those already in hangar or on CAP duty, are done when they have landed. I think it would be nice to have a notification for the player to know these planes have done their job and are ready for the next. It would be easier for the player to improve the efficiency of handling the air assets in the middle of complicated battlefield

Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 24 Jun - 02:46 (2016)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 25 Jun - 13:01 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Notification for non-CAP planes landed (v1.4) Reply with quote

Could you detailed me the most useful use cases ?

At first glance, a menu at the strike level could ask for warning when planes are ready to land or have just landed

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sun 26 Jun - 02:38 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Notification for non-CAP planes landed (v1.4) Reply with quote

Bladerunner wrote:
Could you detailed me the most useful use cases ?

At first glance, a menu at the strike level could ask for warning when planes are ready to land or have just landed

One of the most important applications of my suggestion is immediate deployment of planes for offense/defense after they have landed from their strike/transfer mission: in the heat of the battle, when the player's reinforcement/strike planes have landed and ready for re-deploy, the player will want to know when this moment happens. If there is a notification of such, it can relieve the player from micromanagement/tracking when these assets land.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jul - 14:15 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Notification for non-CAP planes landed (v1.4) Reply with quote

I would see the things like that

- when initiating the air strike / transfer, mark a checkbox to be warned when the strike lands
- on the airstrike details (on the map), there will be a contextual action (like task forces today) allowing you to disable / enable such warning

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jul - 04:59 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Notification for non-CAP planes landed (v1.4) Reply with quote

Sounds good to try your idea.

CPOFastForward

PostPosted: Tue 9 Aug - 00:16 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Notification for non-CAP planes landed (v1.4) Reply with quote

I think the game should also pause at sunrise the same way it does when combat takes place. This would ensue that I get those all important morning searches off the deck at first light. 

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 9 Aug - 22:26 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Notification for non-CAP planes landed (v1.4) Reply with quote

Good suggestion !

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 1 Sep - 07:16 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Notification for non-CAP planes landed (v1.4) Reply with quote

The player may set an alarm before launching an airstrike or before changing target 

The notification pops up as soon as the planes are about to land at the return airbase

This alerts stops the fast advance

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 2 Sep - 07:24 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Notification for non-CAP planes landed (v1.4) Reply with quote

And finally, alerts may be set on map

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Wed 7 Sep - 14:28 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Notification for non-CAP planes landed (v1.4) Reply with quote

Looks nice, but may I suggest it expand to search planes also?

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 7 Sep - 21:52 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Notification for non-CAP planes landed (v1.4) Reply with quote

Why not. Is it as much important as airstrike ?There are often less planes searching than striking (I hope for your fleet)

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 8 Sep - 01:40 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Notification for non-CAP planes landed (v1.4) Reply with quote

Bladerunner wrote:

Why not. Is it as much important as airstrike ?There are often less planes searching than striking (I hope for your fleet)

For the Allied, every single plane counts...

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 8 Sep - 06:18 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Notification for non-CAP planes landed (v1.4) Reply with quote

I will see if I have time and if this is polluting the air op screen

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:34 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Notification for non-CAP planes landed (v1.4)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation