Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next Priority Surface Ships
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 27 Oct - 20:24 (2018)    Post subject: Next Priority Surface Ships Reply with quote

You may know my preference for the least interaction
I have added the choice by smallest class first (DD, cL, CA and then BB)

Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 27 Oct - 20:24 (2018)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
SBD

PostPosted: Tue 6 Nov - 12:11 (2018)    Post subject: Next Priority Surface Ships Reply with quote

I read five pages of this topic with frustration.
The four or five battles around Savo Island were confused, inconclusive affairs, all at night, with radar gradually neutralising IJN superior night tactics and torpedoes over time.
Programming resources, very finite, appear to be absorbed by these battles that occurred for a very short period of time, two months! for a specific unique purpose.

Our game is about CARRIERS, not about knocking out a 5” gun on this or that DD or CA.
Except for the Savo Island battles, surface ships were there to support and protect carriers PERIOD.
DDs for anti sub duties, and BBs for AA, South Dakota at Santa Cruz being a classic example.
Pure surface battles are an irrelevance, ex above.
Transports were knocked out by aircraft NOT guns

Why not dial in your LIMITED DDs and CAs resources in any local combat, and let the computer come up 
with a result with the limits of the Savo battles?

It is annoying when scout interception, USN preparation strike time (should be zero at dawn)
multi-level CAP, radar,  flying crew quality, and a host of other carrier features we read about in Lundstrom,
are apparently delayed, postponed or abandoned for surface night engagements!?

Carriers first please, not ships that became just supportive post Pearl.

Programmer resources appear to be finite if the kickstarter fails,
if it does, sadly, we need to know what BR can achieve?
(If I understand his post correctly)

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 23:06 (2018)    Post subject: Next Priority Surface Ships

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation