Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

US Campaign game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 8 Sep - 23:18 (2018)    Post subject: US Campaign game Reply with quote

A feature which is asked by many players 
The idea is to handle the whole fleet of the SW pacific theater, using prestige points to buy reinforcement, manage repairs/refit orders and to take a few decisions 

I believe such addition may invent player sot be more cautious with their assets if they want to use them though the whole campaign

Below a thinking of the flow of scenarios 

Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 8 Sep - 23:18 (2018)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sun 9 Sep - 15:28 (2018)    Post subject: US Campaign game Reply with quote

Cyril,

Sounds really great... Cool

However i would suggest to concentrate first on thev first 6 months of the war, till Midway, and see how it works before going farther. Actually this part of the war is interesting but without too many ships/planes to handle and it should be easier to implement... and test.

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 13 Sep - 06:30 (2018)    Post subject: US Campaign game Reply with quote

first question: which software are you using?

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep - 17:52 (2018)    Post subject: US Campaign game Reply with quote

currymutton wrote:
first question: which software are you using?

KeyNote

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 14 Sep - 18:53 (2018)    Post subject: US Campaign game Reply with quote

Cool...

-----

I do not understand the game tree, if any, before Coral Sea. I think the campaign could start from Rabual and/or Lae Raid first and then branch from there. And it is a bit strange to me there is not one scenario about the invasion of Australia.

BTW, whatever you are going to do, never, ever, included a scenario where the US player had to play defending Hawaii when the player was on the losing branch. If you have played that infamous PC game, you will know what I am talking about......

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 15 Sep - 01:08 (2018)    Post subject: US Campaign game Reply with quote

I have imagined mostly plausible scenarios

The Japanese has not enough troops to Invade Australia and the IJA had instead proposed a fallback plan cutting Australia from USA by grabbing islands on the way

For the conquest of Hawaï this is also pure fancy from that infamous game (but fun anyway)
How to transport and supply all these troops ?

The Japanese wins if they achieve good defensive position by conquering Port Moresby and New Hebrides (we assume them that Fidji or New Caledonia could be conquered
The Allies have no foothold in New Guinea or the Solomon Islands, they have to go through Central Pacific. The Japanese have 1 front to defend instead of 3

Last edited by Bladerunner on Sat 15 Sep - 07:38 (2018); edited 1 time in total
currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 15 Sep - 06:02 (2018)    Post subject: US Campaign game Reply with quote

So, what would be after Coral Sea Apr '42?  If Japan won, PM is done for, so either the Allies (okay, I know US contributed the most) attacked to take back PM, which was very unlikely.  So there will be either Midway, or the Allies countering Japan expansion to the Solomon Islands (Op. Watchtower?)

Edit: I would suggest if Japan wins, go to "New Hebrides", if draw or lose:  go to "Midway '42"

And, what are all those "Op Watchtower" other than Aug '42?

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 15 Sep - 14:24 (2018)    Post subject: US Campaign game Reply with quote

BR,
Maybe should be easier to understand and discuss if you could write down your way of thinking plus some comments?

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 16 Sep - 22:45 (2018)    Post subject: US Campaign game Reply with quote

The Watchtower scénario in 43 represents an alternative timeline where the Japanese were not beaten at Midway
The US stay on the defensive until they receive their first Essex-class carrier

Midway has to come just after Coral Sea as Yamamoto was eager to finish off the job started at Pearl Harbor 
He could have achieved the same decisive battle in the New Hebrides but he was not so interested by this area

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 23:34 (2018)    Post subject: US Campaign game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation