Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kickstarter Campaign

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  
currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 2 Nov - 13:24 (2018)    Post subject: Kickstarter Campaign Reply with quote

Dear players,

Today this game will take another step forward

A crowdfunding project has been launched to fund this initiative

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/787937257/carrier-battles-4-desktop?re…

As a pure coincidence
- this KS will end on the 7th of December (PH)

- the delivery of the new version is planned in June 2019 (Midway, D-Day)

Keep in mind that no more new features are likely to come on the app if this KS project is not successful, this is a unique chance

I have still plenty of ideas for historical boardgames and digital war games and I have not enough time to commit to CB4G. That is why I need to be helped

So check, invest, spread the news Very Happy

Cheers
Cyril

Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 2 Nov - 13:24 (2018)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
hobbes

PostPosted: Thu 29 Nov - 18:20 (2018)    Post subject: Kickstarter Campaign Reply with quote

Hi folks, I just wondered if the new graphics shown on the Kickstarter page will be used in future for the iPad version? I can see them working on a PC but I much prefer the current graphics for the iPad. The first thing that attracted me to the game was the beautiful board game look which is almost unique for an iPad hex wargame. If they are to change, I assume there will not be an option to retain the board game look for players that prefer it? Crying or Very sad

Cheers,
Chris

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 29 Nov - 21:40 (2018)    Post subject: Kickstarter Campaign Reply with quote

Well this is surprising as people usually think it has graphics from the 80’s  Crying or Very sad

What do you like most in the iOS design ?

hobbes

PostPosted: Thu 29 Nov - 22:29 (2018)    Post subject: Kickstarter Campaign Reply with quote

Are you sure people have said that? The graphics are gorgeous. Too many games go 3D or pseudo 3D and I have certainly come across many people that dislike this trend in many games. But the 14 year olds probably like it. Not your target audience though. The iOS design is clear and beautiful - and it looks like a board game. I love the look and I would hate to see it change. But maybe just me?

Cheers,
Chris
P.S. I tried to add £30 to Kickstarter but I recieved an email that it didn't work. I hope this isn't a common problem? I'll try again tomorrow and let you know if it works or not.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 29 Nov - 22:44 (2018)    Post subject: Kickstarter Campaign Reply with quote

Nothing is decided yet
We thought that adding a bit of perspective in the map would add a fresh touch but a 2D could do the job too
What is nice with Unity is the possibility to use effects such as waves, weather, altitude for a nicer rendering than the flat iOS map

hobbes

PostPosted: Thu 29 Nov - 23:08 (2018)    Post subject: Kickstarter Campaign Reply with quote

Plenty of games use function keys for different map views. I just hope you give players the choice. A board game look or the more animated one.
I just thought to mention there are some old timers like me that love the look of a board game - and you have done that so well.

Cheers,
Chris

hobbes

PostPosted: Fri 30 Nov - 11:08 (2018)    Post subject: Kickstarter Campaign Reply with quote

I just tried to back the project again. This time it worked.

Cheers,
Chris

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 30 Nov - 12:31 (2018)    Post subject: Kickstarter Campaign Reply with quote

A board wargame on the iPad was indeed the original idea.

Thank you so much for your contribution
Finger crossed for the final week !

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 12:19 (2018)    Post subject: Kickstarter Campaign

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation