Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Done] Aborted air mission (v1.3)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jul - 14:14 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Aborted air mission (v1.3) Reply with quote

There were some complains about the effectiveness of CAP which do not down as many enemy bombers as expected before they hit the protected shipsThis improvement should resolve this case

AA and CAP table will yield to more hits
Each plane model will have a damage control value

When hit, a die-roll is made against the damage control value (0 to 4)
If equal or under, the aircraft survive but is immediately aborted. It will be able to operate next mission
If above, the plane is destroyed

Of course, poor armored Japanese planes will suffer a lot (G4M is a good example) whereas steady US models will likely survive 

Last edited by Bladerunner on Fri 12 Aug - 14:19 (2016); edited 1 time in total
Publicité

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jul - 14:14 (2016)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 30 Jul - 10:01 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Aborted air mission (v1.3) Reply with quote

shall we talk about ruggedness or survivability for an aircraft able to sustain a lot of damage ?

Phil Gaskill
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 30 Jul - 12:17 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Aborted air mission (v1.3) Reply with quote

Yes. It was one of the most important differences between U.S. and Japanese planes, maybe THE most important.

Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 30 Jul - 13:23 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Aborted air mission (v1.3) Reply with quote

So what I did
- the A6M has an air to air rating of 3 but zero chance to survive a hit
- the F4F has a rating of 2 but 40% chance to survive

My question was about the right term to use 

Phil Gaskill
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 30 Jul - 13:52 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Aborted air mission (v1.3) Reply with quote

You're asking about whether to call it "ruggedness" or "survivability"? I think they're both very good words, and I don't know which one I'd choose if it was up to me.

PostPosted: Today at 06:15 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Aborted air mission (v1.3)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation