Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modifying Scout Search

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Rules
Previous topic :: Next topic  
USS Archerfish
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 4 Jan - 09:01 (2019)    Post subject: Modifying Scout Search Reply with quote

One problem with the 2P game has been the IJN players using the long range of their planes to keep their CVs out of strike range of US carriers while still being able to attack US carriers. 

I’ve thought of a solution that is historically accurate and will bring more balance to the 2P game. 

I propose that the IJN not be allowed to send out CV scout planes until CA scout planes spot a enemy TF.  This is historically accurate.  The IJN tactics at the time was to rely on CA and land base scout planes for spotting enemy TF.  This way once a enemy TF was spotted, all combat aircraft would be immediately available.  

By not allowing the IJN to use CV scout planes it will make detection of US TF slightly more difficult, thus giving the US greater chance to get into strike range of Japanese carriers.  Once a US TF has been detected, they are free to send out scout planes. 

I think this will bring bring both historically accuracy and more balance to the 2P game. 

Publicité

PostPosted: Fri 4 Jan - 09:01 (2019)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 4 Jan - 21:48 (2019)    Post subject: Modifying Scout Search Reply with quote

Thanks for your proposal
Your solution will be harsh for the Japanese which were still using B5N as scout (and also a pain to code...)

With the 3.1, Japanese scouts are easily chased away which could their ability to locate US carriers
Also, SBD have now the same search endurance

I agree that keeping the distance with the Japanese might be the solution although I never managed to completely achieved it. The US players always managed to close the gap at night or caught me by surprise

The next balance item would be to reduce the number of air units which could be hold on deck and elevators of the Japanese carriers because their wings could not really fold like their US counterpart. This will slow the pace of Air Operation

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 15:04 (2019)    Post subject: Modifying Scout Search

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Rules All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation