Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coral Sea AAR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Miscellaneous
Previous topic :: Next topic  
currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Wed 20 Jul - 07:54 (2016)    Post subject: Coral Sea AAR Reply with quote

As promised (and long overdue). Please find the Coral Sea AAR for your enjoyment. There are 2 games played, one is in version 1.1.3 and the other one uses version 1.2
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hg2mwx

I have put it in PDF so everyone can ready it without any link problem.

Any questions and comments are welcomed.

Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 20 Jul - 07:54 (2016)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Sightreader

PostPosted: Wed 10 Aug - 17:22 (2016)    Post subject: Coral Sea AAR Reply with quote

currymutton wrote:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hg2mwx

I have put it in PDF so everyone can ready it without any link problem.

Hello! Tried to download it with the "free" option on my iPad but it hung...

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 11 Aug - 02:56 (2016)    Post subject: Coral Sea AAR Reply with quote

Yup, looks like the file hosting service used by this forum does not like iPad very much..shame....somebody has Google Drive being blocked. Nevermind, let's see if this works or not:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6YeYAHNDETMTm93b19UcDBEMFE/view?usp=shari…

CPOFastForward

PostPosted: Thu 11 Aug - 12:02 (2016)    Post subject: Coral Sea AAR Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing. 
Got my first Strategic Victory in this scenario last night! The turning point was when a detached Surface Action Group stumbled across the Japanese carrier force in the dark. It managed to shadow the force, maintaining contact until first light. 
There was no morning search from my carriers, instead I went all-in. Everything that could fly went into the morning strike and were greeted with 2xCV and 1xCVL with planes on deck.
 After that, the rest of the game was spent successfully hammering the Port Moresby invasion force into pieces  Razz  

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 11 Aug - 14:21 (2016)    Post subject: Coral Sea AAR Reply with quote

Razz
I had the same kind of miracle.
TF44 bumped into the enemy CV at night and was reduced to the sole CA Australia
This latter has still its seaplane capability and found the Japanese fleet first allowing me a nice first strike

CPOFastForward

PostPosted: Fri 12 Aug - 01:55 (2016)    Post subject: Coral Sea AAR Reply with quote

Those are tense moments! 
For me i think the key was breaking the SAG into two groups. This enabled me to keep tabs on the carriers much easier. Still, the force disappeared at 0400 and the time until they were reacquired was stressful! 

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug - 08:07 (2016)    Post subject: Coral Sea AAR Reply with quote

Then the Japaneses are busily sending the planes at the SAG, giving your planes a chance... If they redirect their SAG to counter-shadow, the story could have been quite different....

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 16:30 (2017)    Post subject: Coral Sea AAR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation