Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clearly I suck: how do you beat tutorial?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Miscellaneous
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Sightreader

PostPosted: Tue 9 Aug - 22:50 (2016)    Post subject: Clearly I suck: how do you beat tutorial? Reply with quote

Ok, so it doesn't seem to matter what I do - send everyone on one massive strike, do two quick strikes, leave everyone back for CAP, try to pop the CAP at just the right time, go after the Shoho instead, run from one of the carrier groups - I still get smashed in the airstrike tutorial, at best messing up their flight decks. 

Do I just monumentally suck at this game or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 9 Aug - 22:50 (2016)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Wed 10 Aug - 03:15 (2016)    Post subject: Clearly I suck: how do you beat tutorial? Reply with quote

Shamefully, I have not played this for such a long time, I have forgotten all about this one...time to play it again

First off, the aim of tutorial is not to win, cause there is no way Allied is winning this one. It is there to give you a taste of air-ship battle and at the same time, shows you the harsh realities you will be facing in the scenarios:

1. Imperial Japanese Naval, IJN, CV class is the toughest ship in the games, they can soak up >20 bombs hits without sinking unless you are really extraordinary lucky. You can say this is unhistorical but this is the way of the game for now.

2. IJN superiority: not only in every gorram scenario, they have more ships and planes than yours, and every types of planes they have are of longer ranges and combat numbers than yours. Worse the Japanese torpedo is very deadly, air launch and ship based alike. A couple of torpedo bombers slipping through your air defense can easily ruined your day.

3. On the other hand, most of your fighters, save the P-38 showing up in late 1942/1943, are inferior and your bombers, especially the TBD, is a disaster -- TBD has very short range (10) and American torpedo in year 1942 were steam-powered which the engine often failed to start when the torpedo hit water, and even if the torpedo managed to reach the target, it went dud...

I hope I do not sound like ranting. I would say in this one, you have done nothing wrong. After finishing the tutorial, go and play Bismark Sea scenario and enjoy some sweet revenge you deserve... Very Happy

Last edited by currymutton on Wed 10 Aug - 03:25 (2016); edited 2 times in total
Sightreader

PostPosted: Wed 10 Aug - 03:20 (2016)    Post subject: Clearly I suck: how do you beat tutorial? Reply with quote

currymutton wrote:
First off, the aim of tutorial is not to win, cause there is no way Allied is winning this one. It is there to give you a taste of air-ship battle and at the same time, shows you the harsh realities you will be facing in the scenarios

Oh phew.  I feel a lot better.  Nevertheless, this was the historical mix at Coral Sea, although the Shoho shouldn't be in range for the big battle.  Is the Shoho really the reason this one is so hopeless, or is there no way to win at Coral Sea?

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Wed 10 Aug - 03:22 (2016)    Post subject: Clearly I suck: how do you beat tutorial? Reply with quote

Sightreader wrote:

currymutton wrote:
First off, the aim of tutorial is not to win, cause there is no way Allied is winning this one. It is there to give you a taste of air-ship battle and at the same time, shows you the harsh realities you will be facing in the scenarios

Oh phew.  I feel a lot better.  Nevertheless, this was the historical mix at Coral Sea, although the Shoho shouldn't be in range for the big battle.  Is the Shoho really the reason this one is so hopeless, or is there no way to win at Coral Sea?

(Advertisement) Read my AAR on Coral Sea. Razz Or in short: don't let your CVBG get shot first.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:31 (2017)    Post subject: Clearly I suck: how do you beat tutorial?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation