Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Done] Multiple Save Slots (v1.6)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Don Czirr

PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep - 01:48 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Multiple Save Slots (v1.6) Reply with quote

Just got the game and am liking it quite a bit.

A key feature for me that is missing however is multiple save slots.

Two reasons :

1. I like to test multiple strategies off of a given snapshot that may be very hard to produce again exactly in subsequent games.

2. I like to have multiple battles going simultaneously and flip back and forth between scenarios.

I don't think it should be all that hard .... Multiple other quality war games on IOS do this  - Wars and Battles Normandy, Pike and Shot,  Assault on Arnhem .....

Publicité

PostPosted: Sun 25 Sep - 01:48 (2016)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 1 Oct - 13:24 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Multiple Save Slots (v1.6) Reply with quote

Hi Don,

good idea and good motivation    Very Happy
It is feasible, so I have added it to the in-app pool for new features
Let's see if other players are interested

Cyril

Ps: happy birthday

Don Czirr

PostPosted: Sun 2 Oct - 14:45 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Multiple Save Slots (v1.6) Reply with quote

Thanks Cyril - it is refreshing to see a Developer with an open mind and enthusiasm to keep enhancing their products.

Other Carrier Battles players - please speak up if you're in favor of such added features ...

valent

PostPosted: Sun 2 Oct - 16:21 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Multiple Save Slots (v1.6) Reply with quote

I am inerested also for the multiple slots.  Very Happy  Thanks for the good idéa to Don Czirr. 

Phil Gaskill
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Wed 5 Oct - 22:41 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Multiple Save Slots (v1.6) Reply with quote

Sure. Great idea, Don!!

Beta-testing

PostPosted: Thu 6 Oct - 02:05 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Multiple Save Slots (v1.6) Reply with quote

I usually play one and finish one so I am fine if you add multiple save slot!

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 21 Oct - 13:15 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Multiple Save Slots (v1.6) Reply with quote

Should due a good candidate for the 1.6 as it would be needed later anyway when adding Japanese player vs US AI or with 2 players version

I am considering offering something like 9 save slots.
When starting new game, the oldest will be erased
The player will have the possibility to also erase saved slots

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 11 Nov - 10:45 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Multiple Save Slots (v1.6) Reply with quote

Don Czirr,

In order to keep room the home menu, I might consider 
- using a long press on the arrow button to access a pop-up screen allowing you to choose from saved game
- you will still have the current game available as normal press

Will that be OK ?

Don Czirr

PostPosted: Wed 30 Nov - 05:23 (2016)    Post subject: [Done] Multiple Save Slots (v1.6) Reply with quote

Bladerunner wrote:
Don Czirr,

In order to keep room the home menu, I might consider 
- using a long press on the arrow button to access a pop-up screen allowing you to choose from saved game
- you will still have the current game available as normal press

Will that be OK ?

Sure - sounds good Bladerunner. Any hope of letting the user set the save file names? That would be helpful in the scenario I mentioned where it would be interesting to try different variants of a strategy for a situation.

i.e. - if we could name one file "Guadalcanal Core Plan" and another variant "Guadalcanal Stronger CAP" - that would really be useful.

Thanks for the follow up.

Don

Don Czirr

PostPosted: Fri 3 Feb - 19:57 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Multiple Save Slots (v1.6) Reply with quote

Was just checking out the save feature.

Hoping you can help if I'm not getting it.

I am trying to save at a particular point in a battle, try a strategy - then return to the same save point and then execute a different strategy from the save file. But it seems that is saving the last progress made in the scenario? That would not help in trying to analyze different strategies off of a snapshot in the battle.

Can we get save slots that we can name and then return to load so the above mentioned exercises can be carried out?

Thanks,
Don

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 4 Feb - 09:53 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Multiple Save Slots (v1.6) Reply with quote

Hello,

so what you would need is to be able to clone a game so that you may experiment different strategies from the original timeline right ?
This is clearly not the priority but I have added it to my long list of enhancement

Don Czirr

PostPosted: Wed 5 Apr - 21:17 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Multiple Save Slots (v1.6) Reply with quote

Bladerunner wrote:
Hello,

so what you would need is to be able to clone a game so that you may experiment different strategies from the original timeline right ?
This is clearly not the priority but I have added it to my long list of enhancement

Yes - similar to PC style saves.

Example :

Menu press On Main Menu page opens a File list

2 Buttons appear from there : Save or Load

If the user picks Save it opens a box where a unique file name can be specified.

Load allows a press on the listed files to load that saved game file.

Good examples of this functionality can be seen in Slitherine IOS games - Pike and Shot, Panzer Corps etc ...

valent

PostPosted: Thu 13 Apr - 19:47 (2017)    Post subject: Save?? Reply with quote

can somebody Help me how  function the save? I don't understand where i have to press ( arrow which one ?) it's difficult my english is bad! Sad   
Thanks

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 16:31 (2017)    Post subject: [Done] Multiple Save Slots (v1.6)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation