Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2-players game
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 25 Apr - 21:01 (2016)    Post subject: 2-players game Reply with quote

The next logical step after a few good shavings of the AI  Mr. Green

The idea is to offer the possibility to play with 2 human players over internet
- hot seat
- find a skillful remote opponent

The computer has beaten the best players at go but I still believe in human ability in playing wargames Very Happy

Last edited by Bladerunner on Sat 15 Oct - 21:57 (2016); edited 2 times in total
Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 25 Apr - 21:01 (2016)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Phil Gaskill
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Wed 27 Apr - 21:33 (2016)    Post subject: 2-players game Reply with quote

You'll be my first victim, Cyril!!!  Very Happy Twisted Evil Wink

Beta-testing

PostPosted: Wed 18 May - 05:27 (2016)    Post subject: 2-players game Reply with quote

Flat Top is a two-player game, make this a two player game, please

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 18 May - 07:25 (2016)    Post subject: 2-players game Reply with quote

Sure, that would be nice but it will require quit a big enhancement but still feasible

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 27 May - 05:35 (2016)    Post subject: 2-players game Reply with quote

Hot seat does not really match my appetite, Cyril. I think may be you could look at Game Center even though it is not easy task for you developer...

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 27 May - 13:49 (2016)    Post subject: 2-players game Reply with quote

Yes Game Center could be an appealing option as Apple provides the server stuff
Besides this, there is also a big thinking on the functional adaptations required by 2 players game
For instance: how to reproduce the mad behavior of Nagumo during the battle of Midway ?

valent

PostPosted: Sat 28 May - 07:47 (2016)    Post subject: 2-players game Reply with quote

I am very interested by the possibilty of playing Hot seat , because i can play with my son . I don't like multi or game center Neutral . Sorry for my bad english. Of course for Cyril, it was more difficult i suppose. Wink

Mortarman96
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sat 28 May - 14:58 (2016)    Post subject: 2-players game Reply with quote

Finishe the Bismark Sea, that requires two players.  

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug - 21:38 (2016)    Post subject: 2-players game Reply with quote

The AI is playing fast while obviously the player takes time to make his/her move

I am wondering if the pace of the game would be still acceptable with 2 human players as 2 players will take their time

in the solo game,you may leap forward by several hours 
Here, unless both players make this choice, this will go sliwer

Phil Gaskill
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug - 21:42 (2016)    Post subject: 2-players game Reply with quote

By the way, for benefit of the people mentioning the Game Center: the Game Center is officially dead, as of iOS 10.

Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug - 23:49 (2016)    Post subject: 2-players game Reply with quote

The Game Center App is deadBut the service itself will go on

Phil Gaskill
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug - 23:50 (2016)    Post subject: 2-players game Reply with quote

Oh. I didn't understand that. But I'm sure you must know what you're talking about.

Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug - 08:17 (2016)    Post subject: 2-players game Reply with quote

An interesting article about turn-based games and Game Center

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Co…

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug - 08:18 (2016)    Post subject: 2-players game Reply with quote

Currently, there is an app call "Game Center" which shows you the list of friends and the games that they play. It is a kinda portal thing.

However, multiplayer over Game Center does not necessarily go through that app.

I have a few games I play daily which uses the Game Center instead of developer's dedicated servers:

Ticket to Ride Europe (no longer updated but the game goes on)
Lost Cities
War of Roses
Tsuro

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sat 20 Aug - 08:06 (2016)    Post subject: 2-players game Reply with quote

Ticket to ride is really well done I was not aware it was using Game Center but the multi-players mechanism is well achieved

Additionally, the 2P version needs the following requirements in order to limit the interactions slowering the game pace

1. Combat should be resolved in the background first and then replayed to each player 
This should be seemless for the player but should be a hassle to code 

2. Naval combat will be resolved after the air to sea battles so after all moved 

3. At battles time, players won't be able to assign planes to targets and to select naval combat tactics 
However, they will do some choices before the battles (CV first, Target evenly, Transports, Concentrate on one ship etc...)

This 3 changes should be gradually added to the solo game as well in order to prepare the work
For the last point, the player will still be able to manually assign bombers to naval targets as today 

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 06:22 (2017)    Post subject: 2-players game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation