Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index

Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Intelligence improvement
Goto page: <  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features
Previous topic :: Next topic  
currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Mon 29 Oct - 20:17 (2018)    Post subject: Intelligence improvement Reply with quote

The current beta in this department is quite well done.

I wish, now, is to eliminate in-game details in the event log, up to the point till endgame, when everything, including the whereabouts of the enemy ships, is unveiled.

And we can test not reporting any enemy ships gone sleeping with the fishes until the end.

addition: maybe we can also try eliminating all the info of the ship except its class.

Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 29 Oct - 20:17 (2018)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 2 Nov - 13:22 (2018)    Post subject: Intelligence improvement Reply with quote

Looks like the current beta work quite well.

I would suggest additionally removal of any info of the target except class.

Or we may try the extreme, give a good guess of the class of the ship and 

the pilot may falsely claim the ship is being sunk in the midst of battle -- but in fact the target was critically hit but still afloat.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 2 Nov - 13:44 (2018)    Post subject: Intelligence improvement Reply with quote

I amont sure any pilot witnesses the sinking of a ship except if this occurs very fast (uncontrolled flooding, broken hull)
The admiral can just count of observed major fire, claimed hits and post-battle scout observations

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Fri 2 Nov - 21:18 (2018)    Post subject: Intelligence improvement Reply with quote

Bladerunner wrote:
I amont sure any pilot witnesses the sinking of a ship except if this occurs very fast (uncontrolled flooding, broken hull)
The admiral can just count of observed major fire, claimed hits and post-battle scout observations

I agree. Unless the ship breaks up during the attacks or lists at a very unusal angle. It takes some time to note the ship is gone. I guess it is the same for a ship losing propulsion / rudder.  Take Brismark as the example, the RAF pilot did not realise he had crippled the battleship long after the RN spotted Brismark again.

Bladerunner
Administrateur

PostPosted: Fri 2 Nov - 21:31 (2018)    Post subject: Intelligence improvement Reply with quote

Only a scout would observe a sinking ship I guess

currymutton
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sun 4 Nov - 15:32 (2018)    Post subject: Intelligence improvement Reply with quote

And after intelligence on ships, intellignece of approaching planes would be next, right?

larsenjp
Beta-testing

PostPosted: Sun 4 Nov - 22:25 (2018)    Post subject: Intelligence improvement Reply with quote

Bladerunner wrote:

"Scratch one flat top"...
I agree with all the above, ships generally sank without the enemy witnessing it but they were some notable exceptions like the Shoho at CS.
I think it should be possible in the case of relatively small  ships receiving very high amount of hits...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carrier Battles for Guadalcanal Forum Index -> Topics -> New Features All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: <  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create own nforum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Cookies | Charte | Conditions générales d'utilisation